Man hitting & shouting at child on Camberwell Grove, Fri morning 18 Dec

cinders

To be fair, absolutely nothing that was written after the OP (whatever it was) would have made a blind bit of difference to thie welfare of this child. The OP called the police, then they started this thread to make people aware. In terms of "doing something" that's all that could be done.

I too agree with Buddug.

Grok, why do you deliberately set out to confront in unhelpful ways, behaviour typified by the following comment?

"He was shouting at his child (she looks between 8-10). Hitting her on the back, and back of her head. Swearing and shouting she wasn't going to school. She was screaming every time he hit her and saying she wanted to go to school please Daddy.

Who doesnt have to raise voice to kids sometimes? Hitting or pushing along? Smacking, slapping, punching? Tantrum screaming like all kids can or crying out in pain? Swearing bloody, flipping or other?"

Most adults know the difference between acceptable chastisement and physical violence when they see it and no, neither my wife or I have ever felt the need to hit our children. The OP clearly reports abuse, the damage of which psychologically is well researched. The risks to hitting anyone in the head, let alone a child, are also well researched. But I shouldn't have to be pointing that out to you should I? Step back and think about what you are writing.

No one except Grok has said anything to suggest that what is reported in the OP is in any way okay. I think that needs to be made very clear before this turns in to a "I'm more worthy than you" competition.

And Grok is just Grok, so not really worth responding to.

But the point is that whether we have 5 pages of people saying how terrible this all is, or 5 pages of discussion about child abuse in different cultures, it makes ZERO difference to the child described in the OP.

If my posts are read you will see that child abuse is not condoned, and that the OP did the right thing for her by reporting to police.

Then the discussion moved on to rightly question why an unfounded allegation should be made public, why the OP accepted previous alleged child abuse and did nothing, together withOP racial and cultutal references where these allegedly played no part.

All of the OP post is still unfounded and there is no proof, and still could be something untrue and vindictive.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No one except Grok has said anything to suggest

> that what is reported in the OP is in any way

> okay. I think that needs to be made very clear

> before this turns in to a "I'm more worthy than

> you" competition.

>

> And Grok is just Grok, so not really worth

> responding to.

>

>

>

> But the point is that whether we have 5 pages of

> people saying how terrible this all is, or 5 pages

> of discussion about child abuse in different

> cultures, it makes ZERO difference to the child

> described in the OP.

If there was something vindictive behind the thread and it was something personal, I think the OP would have made it more obvious exactly who they were talking about. I see nothing in the OP that suggests there was anything other than concern for a child behind it.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> But the point is that whether we have 5 pages of

> people saying how terrible this all is, or 5 pages

> of discussion about child abuse in different

> cultures, it makes ZERO difference to the child

> described in the OP.

Welcome to the internet Otta