Peckhamgatecrasher

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds intriguing, legalbeagle, can you find a

> link?

>

> Emotionally, I'm leaning towards Josef Locke cos

> my grandpappy was in the Palestinian Police Force

> too. But, still think ol' Bing has it at the mo.

>

> PS, don't buy a disgusting concotion called

> Scotsmac costing ?3 from Netto. A blend of British

> wine and whisky. Yuk, yuk, yuk. But it is 15%

> proof so this thread might get interesting!

I'm off to popchoir but when I'm back I'll see what I can find!

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

the mo.

>

> PS, don't buy a disgusting concotion called

> Scotsmac costing ?3 from Netto. A blend of British

> wine and whisky. Yuk, yuk, yuk. But it is 15%

> proof so this thread might get interesting!

Bloody hell - they still produce it! I'm sure that a bottle used to appear every Christmas when I was young...

bignumber5 Wrote:

> legalbeagle Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Tupply Glossup's version in Jeeves and Wooster?

>

> Sonny Boy - different song...

Yes that occurred to me half way through rehearsal - sorry. It was indeed Sonny Boy and so not at all relevant to this thread.

Sorry. I'll get my coat.

Brendan Wrote:

> I wasn?t saying your opinion wasn?t valid. I just

> don?t see why you felt the need to share it.

> Should people perhaps avoid discussing things that

> you dislike?

Isn't the whole point of a forum to invite discussion and debate? Please correct if I'm wrong. You obviously like the "song" I hate it.

Has anyone seen PGC? I feel we might need to send in the authorities. 48 solid hours of Danny Boy, Scotch Concoctions and lachrymose semi-wakefulness must have taken a fearful toll.

She's probably hallucinating that Pa McGuigan is crawling out of a giant bottle of Crabbie's Green Ginger Wine, dressed in a Palestinian Policeman's uniform, whilst singing I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen.

I mean, I know it's a normal evening's entertainment round LoochiB's place, but I'm not sure PGC has the bottom for it.

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> You obviously like the "song" I hate it.

Nope I think it?s pretty naff as it happens (you will note my distinct lack of contribution prior to a few posts ago). But the thread was started asking about what people thought was the best version of Danny Boy and then went into quite a pleasant if a little sentimental discussion about the different versions of the song and the benefits of drinking your way through the flu. A discussion unpleasantly punctuated by two rude outbursts from you.

Let me explain. If you started a thread saying, ?Say chaps I really think this soccer business is just swell. What say we all contribute with our favourite club is? You tell me yours and I?ll tell you mine.?

It would be a bit remiss of me to pipe up and say, ?Soccer?s a stupid game for big stupid pooheads.?

That sort of discussion may be better suited for my own thread entitled, ?Soccer?s a stupid game for big stupid pooheads. Who?s with me, let?s write to our MP.?

Unless of course you?re a prat like me and you ruin someone?s thread by starting a pointless argument with someone that has nothing to do with the topic and doesn't have any other redeeming value whatsoever except to make you look like a buffoon who has just bumbled into the music chamber and put his clodhopper through the cello.

It would be a bit remiss of me to pipe up and say, ?Soccer?s a stupid game for big stupid pooheads.?

Would it be OK to say, "Normally I think soccer's a stupid game for big stupid pooheads, but as the World Cup is in my country of birth and that I thought I might try and get into it, but following recent events, I find myself confirmed in the opinion that soccer's a stupid game for big stupid cheating, chavvy, pooheads."

Just askin' like.

(Sorry PGC. This can't be doing the hallucinations any good at all. I've sent my elephant round to have a look and check you're OK)

Brendan, have the hippies been rubbing you up the wrong way again?

I would add though, that its not much of a "debate" to merely state that you hate something. I don't think that would cut the mustard in the debating society. Bloody short debate though - finish early and go to the pub.

Reference to PGC's bottom allows me to neatly segue to the observation that "Danny Boy" is of course sung to the melody of "The London Derriere" - erm...or something....not sure now is a good time to suggest an Irish institution might have French origins...B)

Ted Max Wrote:

> "Normally I think soccer's

> a stupid game for big stupid pooheads, but as the

> World Cup is in my country of birth and that I

> thought I might try and get into it, but following

> recent events, I find myself confirmed in the

> opinion that soccer's a stupid game for big stupid

> cheating, chavvy, pooheads."

That's another thread entirley Ted and has nothing to do with Danny Boy being a french song about Arsenal.