What does East Dulwich lack?

cazkid

stereforth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tasty-snacks wants a decent music venue. The best

> venue is The Ivy House. I know it's on the wrong

> side of the Common, and is badly served by public

> transport, but as a venue it's superb.

xxxxxxx

Agree it's a superb room per se, but there's no sound barrier between the front bar and the room with the music. Fine if the band is loud, useless if the music is quite quiet.

The transport difficulties combined with the noise, plus it's a long trek if you live the other side of ED, ruled it out for The Goose at least.

If only it could be miraculously transported to Lordship Lane :)

It lacks the sea.

Snow covered mountains for all year round skiing.

Moorland so we might hear the trilling of Curlew and Snipe.

Fenland to see the Marsh Harriers and hear the call of the Bittern.

Open grassland to encourage Skylarks that warble and sing during flight.

Fortnum and Mason to supply quality comestibles.

Hatchards for all the literary needs of our bookworms.

Yates wine lodge that accepts all kinds of alcoholics, so we have somewhere to slither down to.

A surfeit of free, good schools with an excess of places with nurseries attached where you can leave your children until you finish work.

A gaggle of honest and trustworthy, with a smattering of helpful, politicians.

A local council with enough housing for our needs.

A dog catcher that goes after hoodies with bruiser dogs leaving a safer environment.

A society without class division but knows how to punish the thugs and thieves in full.

A society which has no need for solicitors and other members of the judiciary, so we could all sing and dance and indulge in merriment without the risk of being sued.

A supply of highly paid interesting and available jobs.

A place where women could walk in to face a line of single males and would be allowed to take by the elbow, taken home to be a sex slave until the money ran out............. at a fiver per hour.

One of these for men too.

Have I missed anything, oooh yes I will have to sell up now as I cannot afford the real-estate fees now everyone wants to live in ED.

Definiately a nice hotel or bed and bed for when visitors or lots of relatives arrive.My overpriced little flat is too small for visitors.

A lane for bugaboos so you can actually walk down Lordship lane without getting run over

Please, please, please would somone open a decent restaurant, or better still a couple of restaurants?

NOT a curry house or an over-hyped gastro pub or a french place with miserable staff or an Italian that can't make a decent pizza or a tacky mexican that looks exactly the same since it's refurb or a wine bar that sells snacks (sorry Tapas).

Just a restaurant in which you might enjoy the food...

CC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Please, please, please would somone open a decent

> restaurant, or better still a couple of

> restaurants?

>

> NOT a curry house or an over-hyped gastro pub or a

> french place with miserable staff or an Italian

> that can't make a decent pizza or a tacky mexican

> that looks exactly the same since it's refurb or a

> wine bar that sells snacks (sorry Tapas).

>

> Just a restaurant in which you might enjoy the

> food...

Have you tried The frog on the green on Consort road se15?

Absolutely fantastic food and they have a great selection of wine to top it all off!

Grit/salt on Woodwarde Road: all sheet black ice yet again today, with cars skidding up- and downhill scarily. Particularly bad around the top of Beauval Rd; accident just waiting to ruin someone's Christmas. I know it's residential but it's a hill, a rat run and close to the park, so with kids now on holidays (and, selfishly, me on my bike) I think it needs to made safer.

Someone's probably said it already, but in general we need proper cycle routes - ie wide, safe and not just random redirections onto the pavement. If it means making more roads one way to allow space, go for it. If it's doable in an old city with narrow streets like Amsterdam then surely it's achievable here...