East Dulwich Mums (EDM)

Fuschia

I'd love to come along and put faces to names :)

I can do 5th but not 12th, although am happy to suggest a follow up in the New Year if this one goes with a swing (rather than a bang, which is what got us into the family room in the first place!).

I'd love to come along and put faces to names :)

I can do 5th but not 12th, although am happy to suggest a follow up in the New Year if this one goes with a swing (rather than a bang, which is what got us into the family room in the first place!).

Hi there

I'd like to try and come along - haven't met any of you before but would love to. Not sure of my plans for late Nov and early Dec but when the date is decided, I will come if I'm free. We have a couple of dinners that are coming up before Christmas with friends but the dates haven't been finalised yet.

Take care

Sledge

x

Hi there

I'd like to try and come along - haven't met any of you before but would love to. Not sure of my plans for late Nov and early Dec but when the date is decided, I will come if I'm free. We have a couple of dinners that are coming up before Christmas with friends but the dates haven't been finalised yet.

Take care

Sledge

x

oh dear, just read the 'naughty mummies' thread, thats some pretty aggressive marketing tactics...I wonder if the ladies posting know that we can see the only times they have ever posted comments are to push that event? hmmmm?

Anyway, 5th not good for me, hoping to be in wales, 12th is better x

The Nappy Lady Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can do either date.

>

> Was thinking maybe we should make it first sat of

> every month or every other month then hopefully

> those who miss one may make the next?

>

> Molly

Good idea.

If I'm allowed to come (no small babies now, youngest nearly 6, but would love to meet you all & put faces to names) I can come 5th or 12th - though it might be after casualty ends, a sad addiction but one I just can't break. Has anyone suggested a venue yet?

curlykaren; I know the Mum who is trying to start this little business. She'd be upset and horrified if she thought that her post came across as an aggressive in anyway. I think that what you may be reading as 'aggressive marketing technique' is actually excitement and enthusiasm from a tired new Mum setting out in the world of business. And the fact that it's her first post (under that name at least, I don't know if she's been on this forum before under another name) is possibly due to not understanding forum etiquette. She's a dear, kind woman just trying to do something nice for other Mums whilst making a small profit to compensate her for the work involved organising an event. Maybe we could cut her a little slack?

sillywoman - I don't think 'naughty mummy' herself posted anything that was agressive, it was the two

supporters (both first time posters) who came across as agressive. I suspect they were friends simply

trying to support her, but unfortunately their posts were a little over zealous and may well have put

other people off the idea of going to the event because they didn't sound very friendly. In actual fact

they were really just showing huge loyalty to a friend I'm sure, but even so, no need to stoop to name

calling etc......

I really didn't mean to start a war, I just felt more clarity was needed on what the ticket price would get

you....my budget for a night out these days is limited (gosh I am a sad woman these days), so no good for me if

I was going to need a wad of cash on top of the ticket price in order to have a good time. My viewpoint may even

be valuable to her in thinking about how her business and events work in the future.

I do wish her well in her venture - I'm sure there will be plenty who can afford the ticket price, and will have

a fantastic night out, and I genuinely would like to hear feedback from those that attend.

Anyway, don't want to go off at a tangent with this thread.

Do hope you can make the EDM's drinks, would love to meet you face to face.....I would think not having a small baby any

more means you will be able to have far more fun than the rest of us (baby D still waking for a milky snack at 5am every morning precludes much wildness on my part!!).

Molly

sillywoman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If I'm allowed to come (no small babies now,

> youngest nearly 6, but would love to meet you all

> & put faces to names) I can come 5th or 12th -

> though it might be after casualty ends, a sad

> addiction but one I just can't break. Has anyone

> suggested a venue yet?

>

> curlykaren; I know the Mum who is trying to start

> this little business. She'd be upset and horrified

> if she thought that her post came across as an

> aggressive in anyway. I think that what you may be

> reading as 'aggressive marketing technique' is

> actually excitement and enthusiasm from a tired

> new Mum setting out in the world of business. And

> the fact that it's her first post (under that name

> at least, I don't know if she's been on this forum

> before under another name) is possibly due to not

> understanding forum etiquette. She's a dear, kind

> woman just trying to do something nice for other

> Mums whilst making a small profit to compensate

> her for the work involved organising an event.

> Maybe we could cut her a little slack?

Firstly apologies for the thread hijack but just read this post - I've been a member of the forum for ages, not a first time poster, and used to post under a different name which my husband demanded I give up as it's his ebay name and he feels quite territorial over it (god knows why!) anyway - I name changed from special chocolates to Annette Twitcher.

Secondly apologies if my post seemed overzealous - but I wasn't aware that infrequent posters are not allowed to challenge those who post regularly. I thought the forum was for everyone - obviously not so much.

I was away over the weekend and that's why I only posted once or twice.

Anyway I'm going back to lurking!