How many different nationalities in Dulwich

Oh Sean darling! I lived in East Ham for 30 seconds once, then I realised that there I would remain unless I went to university as my mother advised... And hey presto! A BSc and masters degree later and here I am virtually owning West Dulwich! Yes I could buy litres of natural yoghurt for 50 pence (sterling) and purchase a dozen green peppers and a bunch of fresh coriander for a pound, but East Ham just was never going to host a branch of Starbucks or sell organic veg - was it?

Isn't Dulwich simply perfect? Are you as drunk as me???

:) thanks. Now you've got me nervous and I'm going to have to revisit the history and check to make sure, as it does sound rather a long way back. But I remember working it out when I did a project on family history at school, so should be right.

Just checked it, I'm definitely (on Dad's side) the 6th generation in Australia (from England). The guy who brought the family over was born in 1826 I think. I think it's about the same length on the other side too (though mostly from Germany), which is even more surprising.

To echo Keef, impressive.

I go Bosch a mere 2 generations ago via maternal grandma. They left Hamburg in the wake of the starvation at the end of the great war following the blockade of by the royal navy, which could well have been served by family from glasgow of 3 generations back; how ironic.

Some say it was the first instance of total war of the 20th century, and a moral precursor to Ukranian famine, Guernica, Blitz, Dresden et al. But I digress.