How many different nationalities in Dulwich

Wow, ED is a true melting pot. Have any of you got good tips for tracing your roots? I have learnt a lot about the indenture scheme because my grand mother was Indian and travelled to St Lucia many years ago. I have sent numerous e mails to the St Lucian records office but no replies. I will just have to book up and search for myself.

I'm quarter Irish, quarter Scottish, something like 50% English.. and apparantly have some Spanish going back many generations... The part of Ireland my dads side is from is Gort in Co Galway, which now has a population of 2,000 Brazilians working at the meat factory and has an annual carnival every summer! So when people say what is English I am afraid they are about twenty years out of date, because what is anything now? What is Irish I ask you?

I always knew you were a blow-in Louisa ;-)

I think I was at the Gort festival last year (by chance, driving through)

Unfortunately (as an Irishman) your questioon about what is Irish has painful resonance for me - it's a question which is far too quickly answered by Irish people who, despite years of living abroad, don't always take kindly to people living in Ireland (but I applaud your sentiments)

I wasn't born anywhere but built and assembled by IKEA. Does that make me Swedish? Seriously though. Born in Kings College Hospital, Camberwell. Mum and dad from Brixton and Upper Norwood. So, south London born and bred. English through and through.

i'm 1/2 irish 1/2 english, the wife is 1/4 french 1/4 swiss/ 1/4 welsh 1/4 english. the english family swear there is some gypo on the irish side but the last one living over there won't confirm or deny...!

On the english side we have traced the family history to William de Bulmer who came over as William the Conquerors right hand man, so, regrettably (and much to the wife's amusement), I'm really a frog.