Does anyone else miss TLS's + Bigbadwolf's posts?

daizie

Oh pish and tish Mick - post hoc ergo procter hoc? I don't think so.

The forum was plenty lively and witty and amusing before the advent of TLS and BBW. But someone addressed earlier the fact that their rampant hijacking of threads caused other posters to drift away. Maybe give them some time to come back before you jump to overly-simplistic conclusions.

I don't know the full extent of BBW's offensive postings but I've seen a few and sadly I think a ban was in order. Just because you two enjoyed a shared bit of banter doesn't mean he gets to talk about how someone's dad should be gang raped. On Tony, I'm not sure of the reasons for the ban so can't comment.

I'm not disagreeing with the ban Sean/Rosie. But the Lounge is weaker without them. The ban I hope would be temporary.

I'm St Loiis Grammar Sean - but I get enough of rules from school, employment, home/family life - the Lounge is a little play area. Its fun, but maybe not as much fun now.

Ok iv'e just finished scrubbing my toilet so I will answer you Leagle .

My experiences of True Racism :

1 . Sydenham County Comprehensive girls school 1985. Constantly verbally abused for being white . I didnt have it as bad as some others as I learnt to keep my head down. White girls had their hair cut off . Possesions broken . Some friends were physically attacked . One girl seriously injured, never went back, followed and set upon by a large group of black girls after school .

2. Waverley Girls School Peckham Rye 2005. Daughter and friends verbally abused daily for being white. Also learnt to keep her head down as she has seen her friends physically and relentlessly bullied. Other parents reported it, yet it carried on . Just imagine if it had been the other way round. Would there not be an investigation ?

This is true racism Legal, not second guessing, what someone you dont know may or might not mean.

Im highlighting that it happens in this country to white people too . So I understand because its happened to me . It is such an unpleasant thing to accuse someone of, along with being a paedophile, that accusations should never be thrown around willy nilly and without evidence.

LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you think that saying that you wouldn't live in

> an area that is predominantly black because the

> crime rate will be higher as black people commit

> more crimes, to be racist?

substute "poor" for "black" in your statement

RosieH Wrote:

> Mick, you're missing the point of my post. I

> don't think the lounge is weaker without them, but

> I think like anything, it may require a period of

> adjustment to fall back into its natural rhythm.

I understood that point rosie. I was commenting on your other point about people hijacking threads.

You are in a very superior mood today btw.

LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

> Do you think that saying that you wouldn't live in

> an area that is predominantly black because the

> crime rate will be higher as black people commit

> more crimes, to be racist?

Not necessarily no. Don't get me wrong, people saying that could well be racist, but it's not so cut and dry.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> I understood that point rosie. I was commenting on

> your other point about people hijacking threads.

> You are in a very superior mood today btw.

Am I indeed? Not sure that it's only today - I rather suspect I just AM superior.

This thread is interesting and all over the place. Is it about white, black or poor to have high crime rates in an area? What about the fact that some people are in the need of drugs to fuel an addiction and crime is connected to this, unfortunately.

I have not been around long enough to miss either of them reallly....

On the question of racism, I have just returned from the US...the epithet "racist" (like "homophobe" and the ever popular "bigot" etc.) are thrown around willy nilly at the first hint of any thought contrary to the progressive playbook.

It conveniently diverts the discussion and avoids the need to actually address the issues in a substantive way.

As a consequence, they and we have numerous "elephants in the room" in that common sense tells most of us there are various problems needing intelligent, unemotional discussion and solutions but no one will bring them up for fear of being labeled a racist.

I can identify somewhat with the description given by daizie, I went from a boarding school to Tulse Hill and there were numerous incidents of black on white violence....but I would characterise that more as the strong picking on the weak, as white pupils picked on asians and whites picked on whites and whites picked on black students.

RosieH Wrote:

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I understood that point rosie. I was commenting

> on

> > your other point about people hijacking threads.

>

> > You are in a very superior mood today btw.

>

>

> Am I indeed? Not sure that it's only today - I

> rather suspect I just AM superior.

I'll diplomatically concede that Rosie.

[see how I have learned to avoid conflict...]

As this appears to have become a thread regarding rascism in our society, does anyone care to offer a solution to the problem? It all seems a bit 'my Dad is bigger than yours' type of thing. I guess Santerme has addressed this.

Here's my piece for what it's worth.......

I came here as green as can be with no preconceptions as to what life in a very big city would be like.

I came from a country which had very few non white people.

Given the era I arrived in this country where British people were being blown up in the name of Irish Republicianism, I never once felt threatened by the local people, apart from the police........once.

I did however feel confused by black people treating me disrespectfully on occasions.

I often wondered if it was because that is what they had to put up with and thus assumed me to be just the same as the people who were like that to them.It would take a black person to answer that.

Rascism is skin deep.

In other words it's shallow. As humans we have more in common than not. However, if TLS was complaining that life in the East End isn't what it used to be.............well I can relate to that.

Not because of rascism but because we remember things from our past that make us feel good. I would hate Ireland not to be the country I love because the people that made it that country were no longer there. You guys will probably never understand the Irish sense of humour. I just hope there are enough Irish left in Ireland to allow that humour to survive.

So I don't really have a lot to offer apart from saying........if it's not fun what the fu*k are u arguing about?

Slainte!

Yes I do miss Tony's input and point of view, and do not feel that he should be banned.

BBW was a different kettle of fish as some of his posts were revolting, so much so that he was referred to as a 'revolting quadruped' by me. His posts were irritating and obnoxious, and as Giggirl has previously mentioned he attacked so many threads he made people like me just give up on the forum as I did not want to deal with him.

I feel that about others too Legaleagleish bullying people about racism and raising the black banner at every opportunity, but not like BBW who seemed always in your face.

A solution is letting it all come out and be exposed philisophically and eugenically as the idoicy it is but accepting that us, flawed human beings, do have prejudices, have tendancies to be scared of the unknown and the 'different' that we should try and overcome. But currently I'm completley despondent about that in general and as this thread and forum have demonstrated humans seem unwilling to get down to doing any proper thinking instead its all 1980s type gesture, easy solutions, ticking boxes, taking the easy and 'right' stance, general 'progressive lite' stuff....20% of the population are apparently thinking of voting BNP depressingly that scales up to about 30% of the ethnically white population...shouting RACIST RACIST SCUM at them won't make that depressing stat disappear.

I've been subjected to racisim from black people too and so have my kids.

I hate people's obsession with race and challenge racism wherever I see it. I can't help it. I find it depressing and want people of all communities to raise their consciousness and stop all forms of negative tribalism.

The British elite have used divide and conquer tactics since the beginning of our industrialisation and empire - both on countries we invaded and our indigenous populations. It depresses me when I see people still playing out those divisions.

Sorry to be offensive Sean if that's what I am. You've taken to quoting someone no one has heard of on this occasion as your input in to what quids put a lot of time into saying.Why bother? Your sounding more like the parish priest as time goes on.

PS When I say no one......I mean me