Does anyone else miss TLS's + Bigbadwolf's posts?

daizie

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well sorry for being so vitriolic, I was in a bad

> mood. I found him very menacing, but in hindsight

> I appreciate my visceral reaction to him may have

> highlighted the worst interpretation of his

> intent.

So you were in a bad mood ? Jog on

Huguenot Wrote:

> Well sorry for being so vitriolic, I was in a bad

> mood. I found him very menacing, but in hindsight

> I appreciate my visceral reaction to him may have

> highlighted the worst interpretation of his

> intent.

So you were in a bad mood ? Jog on

I don't know if Tony is a racist or not. When he first came on here, I took one look at his user name, and immediately thought of the BNP in Welling, but that was my conclusion, based on not a lot.

Tony has talked about race a lot, but I'm not convinced he is racist. He talked about black people being naturally better sprinters for example. He was jumped on for it, but frankly, if you look at a few athletics meets, it's hard to argue.

Last week, channel 4 had a show The Event - How racist are you? It was an annoying programme based on a very very simplistic experiment that was first done 40 years ago on a group of 8 year olds. Unfortunately, the woman who created it, hasn't done anything to improve it since.

Anyway, the point is, there was a lady on that show who was probably 60 odd, and at the end, she made quite a passionate speech about how she'd grown up in a white Britain, even when she was a young woman, and she found it difficult watching her country change, and adjusting to it. She pointed out that her kids have no issue with it, and that it was her problem, and she was still trying to get there.

Was this woman racist? In my opinion, no she wasn't, she was a product of a society that has changed around her.

I kind of imagine TLS being a bit like that.

Either way, he can't defend himself here, so this should stop. Saying BBW made crude posts is a fact, that he'd probably be proud of. Saying that someone is a racist, is not a fact, it is an accusation, and if he can't speak up for himself, it is not fair.

I don't know if Tony is a racist or not. When he first came on here, I took one look at his user name, and immediately thought of the BNP in Welling, but that was my conclusion, based on not a lot.

Tony has talked about race a lot, but I'm not convinced he is racist. He talked about black people being naturally better sprinters for example. He was jumped on for it, but frankly, if you look at a few athletics meets, it's hard to argue.

Last week, channel 4 had a show The Event - How racist are you? It was an annoying programme based on a very very simplistic experiment that was first done 40 years ago on a group of 8 year olds. Unfortunately, the woman who created it, hasn't done anything to improve it since.

Anyway, the point is, there was a lady on that show who was probably 60 odd, and at the end, she made quite a passionate speech about how she'd grown up in a white Britain, even when she was a young woman, and she found it difficult watching her country change, and adjusting to it. She pointed out that her kids have no issue with it, and that it was her problem, and she was still trying to get there.

Was this woman racist? In my opinion, no she wasn't, she was a product of a society that has changed around her.

I kind of imagine TLS being a bit like that.

Either way, he can't defend himself here, so this should stop. Saying BBW made crude posts is a fact, that he'd probably be proud of. Saying that someone is a racist, is not a fact, it is an accusation, and if he can't speak up for himself, it is not fair.

Whether or not Tony is a paid-up White Pointy Hatter or One Man United Nations is neither here nor there, on this occasion - although no doubt turning the discussion this way would suit some.

I'm hardly Tony's greatest defender (and have often wished for an 'off' switch on some of those rambling posts). But saying 'someone and their mates threatened to duff you up via PM' is a bloody long way from where we are now - which is 'nothing of the sort'.

Can that be the end of it? It's embarrassing, to be honest.

Whether or not Tony is a paid-up White Pointy Hatter or One Man United Nations is neither here nor there, on this occasion - although no doubt turning the discussion this way would suit some.

I'm hardly Tony's greatest defender (and have often wished for an 'off' switch on some of those rambling posts). But saying 'someone and their mates threatened to duff you up via PM' is a bloody long way from where we are now - which is 'nothing of the sort'.

Can that be the end of it? It's embarrassing, to be honest.

I have very few insecurities, less than most people in fact, and am baffled at what any insecurities I may or may not have, has to do with this thread.

Are you sure you are not just trying to get a personal shot in to try to bolster your argument? If so, that is an indication that you have moved from any logical argument to the kind of tactics TLS was being accused of.

Like I said above, I think the evidence is there, it's just not blatantly packaged in a nice bundle with a bow on for you. It's spread out over his many long winded and often amusing, but usually offensive posts.

daizie Wrote:

> LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Daizie - what insecurities?

>

> Only you can tell us that . I repeat, where is the

> evidence of his racism ?

I have very few insecurities, less than most people in fact, and am baffled at what any insecurities I may or may not have, has to do with this thread.

Are you sure you are not just trying to get a personal shot in to try to bolster your argument? If so, that is an indication that you have moved from any logical argument to the kind of tactics TLS was being accused of.

Like I said above, I think the evidence is there, it's just not blatantly packaged in a nice bundle with a bow on for you. It's spread out over his many long winded and often amusing, but usually offensive posts.

daizie Wrote:

> LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Daizie - what insecurities?

>

> Only you can tell us that . I repeat, where is the

> evidence of his racism ?

LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

> I have very few insecurities, less than most

> people in fact, and am baffled at what any

> insecurities I may or may not have, has to do with

> this thread.

But more than me .

>

> Are you sure you are not just trying to get a

> personal shot in to try to bolster your argument?

> If so, that is an indication that you have moved

> from any logical argument to the kind of tactics

> TLS was being accused of.

>

No im sure .

>

Like I said above, I think the evidence is there,

> it's just not blatantly packaged in a nice bundle

> with a bow on for you. It's spread out over his

> many long winded and often amusing, but usually

> offensive posts.

>

As a Legal 'person', you would know that there is no case without evidence . Prove it .

>

>

LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

> I have very few insecurities, less than most

> people in fact, and am baffled at what any

> insecurities I may or may not have, has to do with

> this thread.

But more than me .

>

> Are you sure you are not just trying to get a

>

No im sure .

>

Like I said above, I think the evidence is there,

> it's just not blatantly packaged in a nice bundle

> with a bow on for you. It's spread out over his

> many long winded and often amusing, but usually

> offensive posts.

>

As a Legal 'person', you would know that there is no case without evidence . Prove it .

>

>

How ironic ..

LegalEagles-ish wrote..

Are you sure you are not just trying to get a

A personal shot ?

No, I would never get personal . Iv'e never needed to and dont intend to start . I have a sense of fairness and dont like decent people being accused of things they've never done . That's it .

I actually quite like you, we have a number of things in common .

However, on the TLS subject, I think you are wrong. You said on another thread that he 'reminded you of people you used to know' . Being 'reminded' of things is no basis for calling people racist and typing obscenities , which you did . As soon as you rant and swear you lose any respect . Aside from you producing no evidence . Show us something new .

How ironic ..

LegalEagles-ish wrote..

Are you sure you are not just trying to get a

A personal shot ?

No, I would never get personal . Iv'e never needed to and dont intend to start . I have a sense of fairness and dont like decent people being accused of things they've never done . That's it .

I actually quite like you, we have a number of things in common .

However, on the TLS subject, I think you are wrong. You said on another thread that he 'reminded you of people you used to know' . Being 'reminded' of things is no basis for calling people racist and typing obscenities , which you did . As soon as you rant and swear you lose any respect . Aside from you producing no evidence . Show us something new .