Swine Flu jabs. Are you going to have one?

Interesting you had 'two part'? How come everyone else is having a one part? And when did you have it? The swine flu jabs were only rolled out about 4 weeks ago and they're all just one injection.

Maybe the first jab you had was the ordinary flu jab. Sorry you suffered an effect.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Interesting you had 'two part'? How come everyone

> else is having a one part? And when did you have

> it? The swine flu jabs were only rolled out about

> 4 weeks ago and they're all just one injection.

> Maybe the first jab you had was the ordinary flu

> jab. Sorry you suffered an effect.

No, actually, Rose, as I now live in Holland it's probably a different regime. It's in two parts, I had one shot two weeks ago and the next on the 10th of December. In Dutch it is called Mexicaanse Griep (Nieuwe influnza A). I dare say a net search might dig something up on it.

I went to the docs on Friday for a different jab, but as I have asthma, I ended up getting flu and swine flu, as well as the one I went for.

The swine flu one did seem to hurt a bit more, and for the first day, I couldn't lift my arm very much without quite a bit of pain. Now, 2 days later, it just hurts if you touch it, like the area is bruised, although there are no visible signs.

The nurse who did it said it had taken about a week for the discomfort to stop totally.

A friend of mine just picked up Swine Flue whilst working abroad, and I saw him at the tail end of it. Believe me, I'd rather put up with a bit of soreness in my arm for a few days, than go through that!

Thanks Keef and sorry you're suffering.

My doctor said it is the needle passing through the skin and muscle of the arm that is causing the discomfort in this case (she went on to explain but I nearly passed out) and not the stuff itself. I am better now from what caused me to cancel and have rebooked. Thanks for the warning.

I just saw this thread - I went up to my local GPs and asked about the swine flu jab, and I was told only pregnant ladies and children under 5 were receiving it. It was the receptionist I asked about it - she of course went on to say, that you had to be on a list before you could receive it. I told her I had an underlying health condition and a supressed immune system.

Has anyone else heard this from their own GPs i.e. that they couldnt have the jab yet??

Muffin78 said "I told her I had an underlying health condition and a supressed immune system.

Has anyone else heard this from their own GPs i.e. that they couldnt have the jab yet??"

My GP receptionist gave the impression that they encouraged all to have the jab. When I told my GP that I was on immuno suppressants she strongly advised that I have it.

Incidentally, she assured me that there were no side effects. Apparently it is not like most vaccines in that it does not give you a mild hit of the disease.

If they make it difficult for you, complain strongly.

stereforth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When I told my GP

> that I was on immuno suppressants she strongly

> advised that I have it.

> Incidentally, she assured me that there were no

> side effects.

xxxxxxxxx

I thought that a suppressed immune system was a contra-indication? It's one of the questions they ask before you get the jab. Maybe I got this the wrong way round.

I've just had the jab this morning. The Nurse said I was likely to have a very sore arm for two days and she asked which side I slept, to avoid that side.

Of those I know who have had it, some have indeed had very sore arms, others have had no symptoms at all.

I've got the sore arm starting and also feeling very shivery and tired, may be nothing to do with the vaccine but I'm going to bed anyway :-$

Been quite ill. Still ill. NHS Direct reckoned the side effects of the jab should not last for more than two days, and be less severe than the actual swine flu, however have heard of two people who were ill for a week.

Have hardly noticed the sore arm. Have however had a temperature (over 100), been very nauseous, dizzy, dry cough, headache, aches and pains, blah blah. Too tired to do much - mainly sleep with breaks to type/read.

At least no runny nose!

NHS Direct said it was likely that by coincidence I have another viral infection which happened to start after my jab ...

Finally just had my swine flu jab yesterday afternoon. It hurt a tad going in. But nothing. Came out the office and a queue of 6 were now anxiously waiting so I shut the nurse's door and went "OOUUUUCCHHHHHH F**king HELL that hurts AGHHHHHHHHHHH" and walked away... I know!

Then last night arm began to hurt. Now this morning it's a dull feeling like I have been punched. But nothing else.

Yet! Phew!