Dogs in Peckham Rye

SteveT

The stuff on your bin may be fox doo. Foxes go everywhere, I find it in my front garden and back on a regular basis. They like to mark their territory, especially at this time of year. Plus it can look very like dog doo.

I'm sure you are not really suggesting that a dog owner would deliberately smear excrement over your bin. Perhaps I have misinterpreted what you said?

Anyhow, there is a dog close to where I live that regularly deposits on my street. It is an entire male, light tan, older labrador. It is always walked off lead and the owner/s (a mother and son) never pick up. I am waiting for an opportunity to have a word. I would also add that of the many, many dog owners I know this is the one and only person I know who does this and who walks their dog offlead. Not surprisingly, just this one dog produces a lot of mess, some of which I have picked up myself.

If they ever read this forum perhaps they will be shamed into changing their ways.

Cassius,

You may have a point. In my experience there is always a bin handy somewhere in which to deposit the bag. I may have to carry the bag a little way but just view this as part of the responsibility of owning a dog. I've always assumed, I hope not incorrectly, that most people will not object to you putting the bag in bins parked out on the road, if you cannot find anything else. But, as I said, there is generally a council bin not too far from wherever you are.

I love irrational threads like this. I go away for a few months and the yummy brigade think they can come up with ridiculous threads like these and get away with it!

Firstly, if anyone needs to be put on a lead over on the rye, it is those annoying pastie faced little brats often 'mothered' by over-bearing yummies who have nothing better to do than exercise there offspring, often in groups clustered around that cafe, and act as though a tsunami is coming their way the minute a yappy little yorkie makes eye contact with one of the offspring!

Secondly, bloody middle-class 'joggers' who think they are in L.A wandering around in super-dry or gio-goi trackies really do get my back up. they often take a wide birth by a couple of hundred metres of anything that looks suspiciously working-class or threatening! Get a life!

Rant over.

Louisa.

I have been busy sunning it down under for a few months to escape the drabness that is British summertime. I am beetroot faced and partially inebriated in the back garden on my laptop currently. This bottle of Merlot is going down a treat.

Louisa.

my contribution in defence of dogs seems to have been deleted, along with the replies to it. hey-ho. to be frank I do not trust people who do not like animals. cats and dogs share the planet with us and should not be discriminated against because others have frankly ludicrous phobias and affectations.

puzzled Wrote:

my contribution in defence of dogs seems to have

been deleted, along with the replies to it.

hey-ho. to be frank I do not trust people who do

not like animals. cats and dogs share the planet

with us and should not be discriminated against

because others have frankly ludicrous phobias and

affectations.

Just a thought puzzled, but could you be confusing the threads?

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,357975