EDF Drinks at Hoopers

Tsk Keef - you and your Gypsy obsession

There isnt a clique! Just a few people who post more than most - because we live otherwise sad and empty lives.

The Administrator has actually been a member for just 6 weeks - but he is rather assertive.

Come along lovely people. There really isnt a clique.

Just wear a pink bobble hat - thats all.

>:D<

I think I may attend tonight (if you all dont mind).. I shall sit alone and you can call me over as and when you see fit.. i'm sure the eagle eyed amongst you will notice me from a mile off! (no comments about a sour faced old witch please) ;-)

I reckon the Herne was a contender before the New Plough for next Forum drinks - might be better to wait another month for the Plough to settle after it's recent refurb. From the recent postings about the place, they have not yet rid it of it's yobbish crowd - and perhaps Friday nights will still attract them for a while. Having said that, I've popped in there at a quiet time and thought it was impressive.

citizen

I witnessed a very amusing scene at lunchtime there today.... (The Plough that is). I might put it in the relevant thread tho

Ed I think you were right about the Herne being nominated but having been in a few times (and thought it fine) it is more in the Franklins/Palmerston ballpark

I just cycled home from the forum drink up, with a funny warm feeling inside me. Thought it was the drink or something I ate at first, but just realised it was that nice feeling u used to get as a kid when someone gave u a sweet or shared their crisps with you. Hehe, thanx guys had a lovely time. A few more months here and I'm gona turn all lovely and fluffy!!

*Re-Edited on a proper keyboard*

Good to meet you too CWALD - especially now you HAVE a degree ;-)

I think everyone may be a little tender headed this morning so if you are suffering from post-drinks-come-down and why-is-noone-responding-to-my-sweet-post don't get paranoid. It's not you it's the rest of us recovering

Thanks to Jamie and Viv for being great hosts and great to meet all the regs, the semi regs and the first timers. (no Louisa tho!)

And now, to The Quiet Room for some coffee...

See THIS THREAD for a lnk to some photos of last night.

My head hurts more than it should.... Bloody Becks! Nice pub though, and a good crowd.... They just need to get Grolsch behind the bar and we're laughing! :)-D

Missed you last night Jah..... We do those shots another time!

I've finally emerged. Lovely evening indeed, great to finally catch up with some of the regulars and put faces to names.

Congrats again CWALD, I for one think you're lovely. Scaring posh kids indeed, perish the thought :)

And remember MW, he doesn't *know* he's called Mr MadWorld74, he's probably going to find it a bit odd if you keep introducing him as such ;-)

Can't wait for the plough frankly!!