Forest Hill Rd gossip (new Italian)

Armed robberies happen across London all the time. Italian restaurants opening up in the area are much rarer, and would look better on a thread entitled ``Gosh, aren't there lots of armed robberies going on!''

beatnic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > For me the biggest bugbear is the traffic

> situation - the junction with Dunstans Road is

> plain dangerous, especially with the speed people

> drive up and down Forest Hill Road.

New traffic lights are being installed at the jucntion with Colyton/Dunstans and Forest Hill Rd.

And Nero you're correct it is Lorenzo's

boosboss, thanks for the info, that's really good news about the traffic lights. It'll do wonders for my nerves! Is there any further detail available on this?

I'm looking forward to many a large espresso in Lorenzos :-)

the traffic lights on colyton road are only a temporary measure (for about three years). they are being installed to control the vast increase of traffic that's going to be coming down from colyton road from the honor oak resovoir - thames water are digging a new tunnel from there to brixton and there is going to be about 80 lorries per day (only on weekdays, mind) taking all the spoil away from the site. whether or not southwark council and TFL decide to keep the lgihts tehre after the work has finished is something we'll have to wait and see on. thames water are paying for the lights to be there.