Cyclist's Zambike Bamboo Bicycle Frame Size: 56cm ?550

cotado

This is a kickass bamboo bicycle frame. It's not the commuter basher, not the sportive pony, not the rock solid horse for the personal best on the TT ride. This is the frame for those who love cycling.

The build quality of the bicycle is second to none and it is a pain that I cannot hold on to this frame to make a smashing dashing bicycle.

Personally I find the marbling of the fibres in the resin beautiful, its like look at meadow of grass blowing in the wind. I can't stop staring every time I see it and no photo can show its depth.

I was in Zambia last month and went to visit the factory where I picked up a frame. Unfortunately I don't have the funds at present to finish the project but I am sure there is someone out there wishing for a nice tidy project for short evenings.

The bamboo goes through a secret treatment and is guaranteed to be as strong as any other metal bike on the market.

This frame was crafted in the outskirts of Lusaka in Zambia by the established and esteemed company Zambikes. The company was founded as a project to bring production to the local area and to produce high quality affordable bikes for Africa. There is plenty of videos and articles on the company which are very interesting as it gives an insight into the production and the ethos of the company.

And yes the stylish fabric sack will be included, just as it was when I got in Zambia.

Archived