Extra Overground trains from 2018

This will be instead of re introducing the South London Line in 2018 after London Bridge station and Thameslink works finished.

Hence the delays and timing. So great news for those that find London Overground useful but rubbish if you wanted the service into Victoria and London Bridge the SLL was suspended for.

Hi LondonMix,

A final consultation about the Bakerloo Line is proposed close to Christmas - my hunch is a final proposal from them which may or may not include Camberwell/Peckham Rye route. IF they don't then the last consultation results will have been ignored which will give us all opportunity to get London mayoral candidates to commit to making it happen.

So fear not - plenty more water under this bridge before final routes agreed.

Hi antantant,

Kent commuters have kicked up a fuss at the potential delay to their trains if they stop more i.e. at Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill. I doubt whether a tory transport minister will insist on these extra stops offending tory Kent MP's.

But we need to do something.

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi LondonMix,

> A final consultation about the Bakerloo Line is

> proposed close to Christmas - my hunch is a final

> proposal from them which may or may not include

> Camberwell/Peckham Rye route. IF they don't then

> the last consultation results will have been

> ignored which will give us all opportunity to get

> London mayoral candidates to commit to making it

> happen.

> So fear not - plenty more water under this bridge

> before final routes agreed.

>

> Hi antantant,

> Kent commuters have kicked up a fuss at the

> potential delay to their trains if they stop more

> i.e. at Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill. I doubt

> whether a tory transport minister will insist on

> these extra stops offending tory Kent MP's.

> But we need to do something.

I'm absolutely sure Boris already committed to Camberwell.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/boris-johnson-bakerloo-line-extension-to-peckhams-time-has-come-8540510.html

Ok - it was at Cannes so doorstepped a bit :)

Not sure I'd call it 'great news' - better than nothing news is I think more accurate. It will help but its a long way away for those of us who are being crushed on the overground between 8-9am most mornings from Peckham Rye. The route is becoming increasingly popular but the capacity isn't really coping.

I forget where on this forum I saw a hint that the decision on the Bakerloo line route had effectively already been taken but I do remember the Old Kent Rd route was favoured, not the Camberwell and Peckham route. Also, the most telling quote from that Standard article, which is anyway several years old now, is this: "TfL is working with Southwark and Lewisham to examine the potential for the extension 'unlocking' other developments." That last word is key. TfL and our councils appear to be more interested in serving the needs of future residents in yet-to-be-built, high-rise developments on the OKR rather than existing residents in Camberwell, Peckham, East Dulwich, etc.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Bic Basher Wrote:

> In other Overground related news, from December,

> the trains via Peckham Rye will terminate at

> Dalston Junction rather than Highbury & Islington.

That's a blow. Thanks for the info. Do you know if that's permanent?

rodneybewes Wrote:

> Bic Basher Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > In other Overground related news, from

> December,

> > the trains via Peckham Rye will terminate at

> > Dalston Junction rather than Highbury &

> Islington.

>

> That's a blow. Thanks for the info. Do you know if

> that's permanent?

It is. A change at Surrey Quays will be required if you wish to travel further up, but shouldn't be any more than 4 minutes. The changes are due to Southern recasting their own services this December, which has led to all the Highbury trains running via Forest Hill.

Denmark Hill definitely has more Victoria trains, but I don't think they also stop at Peckham Rye. They come from further out and usually have seats. In the morning, there are quite a few.

May be worth Peckham people going one stop/walking/bus to there and using the better Victoria options.

There are a few more Blackfriars terminating trains too, no idea if they stop at Peckham Rye beforehand.

Seems to be less new stuff in the evenings, but there is that Dover/Faversham train now.