Oakhurst Grove (waste bins are left in the road)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me that if waste bins are left in the road to enable some selfish little prat (misspelt) to park right outside their house, can the council be brought to task as the bins are the councils property? Over to you.

Kind regards,

Libra Carr.

The council/survey company phoned me on Friday after i complained about something similar asking my opinion of the results of my complaint. I thought that was a nice touch. Complain to the council LibraCarr or just move the wheelie bins yourself.

If you find one of those nearly policemen (Community Wardens?) they can approach the people who have decided to stake ownership to a parking space and insist the bins are moved. Some of these parking space bullies are quite persistent, though, the one in Crawthew Grove still put his bins on the road every day, despite not needing a space all day and several requests by the community wardens. Best of luck!

Fuschia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Take the bins and wheel them into the next road

> :-)

I like this option the best. You could append a little note to them (anonymously, of course) stating that you will continue to do this every time you find the bins obstructing the road. Might get the message across.

Hi,

Many thanks for the advice.

I think, having taken on board your comments, the way forward is to speak to the council and ask them to remove the bins as they are clearly not being used for the intended purpose and are waisting ratepayers money. Perhaps if a Councillor took note it may stop this annoyance.

Kind regards,

Libra Carr