FREE Canon PIXMA MP510

Saria

Not being funny, but is it still working?

Because this forum now has over 101 pages of posts from disgruntled people (including myself) who once had a Canon printer which suddenly failed out of the blue with the same error message. Canon has lost a class action in the States relating to this.

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/Call-to-Arms-for-the-dreaded-U052-Wrong-Printhead-Error/td-p/65759

owlwise Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My Canon printer just went the same way! Thanks

> for the link Sue.

It's appalling, isn't it. My printer was a really expensive model, and not only did I lose the printer but a load of ink cartridges I bought in bulk which were useless in another printer.

Luckily my daughter has the same printer and hers is (for now) still working, so she took the ink cartridges (and my printer for spares).

I've now got an Epson. I'm never buying anything Canon ever again. I have Canon cameras and I wish I didn't :(

I can't believe Canon's attitude. There is clearly some kind of inbuilt fault. I imagine the posts on that forum are the tip of the iceberg. I only found it by googling the error message I got.

Archived