Lidl in Dulwich?

apbremer

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Since Sainsbury's do price comparisons with

> Asda...I'm staying with Sainsbury's

Surely they only do price comparison on branded goods like Heinz?

I buy mostly shops' own brands.

I am always astounded (in a good way) at how little I have to pay at the checkout when I shop in Lidl.

Ditto! Love Aldi and Lidl. Great fresh fruit and veg and changing weekly specials - some quite random, mainly thinking of equestrian week at Lidl!

The added bonus that I never thought about is that with less choice I can do a family of five weekly food shop including checkout in about 30 mins! It save me over an hour a week and about ?50. Win win

I love LIDL and think it's marketing campaigns are inspired. I shop there weekly. The paying of the LW is a great precedent and hopefully may shame others into following. However, they really need to up their game in customer support. Whenever I've needed to raise a concern with them it's proved really difficult to locate an appropriate contact online and then Ive had to chase a response on every occasion. They don't have staff name badges as a policy I'm told and no plans to introduce stated targets for customer satisfaction.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Lidl have just announced they will be paying their

> staff the recommended living wage of at least ? 8.

> 20

>

> The first Supermarket chain to do so..

>

See two posts above yours :)

cella Wrote:

> I love LIDL and think it's marketing campaigns are

> inspired. I shop there weekly. The paying of the

> LW is a great precedent and hopefully may shame

> others into following. However, they really need

> to up their game in customer support. Whenever

> I've needed to raise a concern with them it's

> proved really difficult to locate an appropriate

> contact online and then Ive had to chase a

> response on every occasion. They don't have staff

> name badges as a policy I'm told and no plans to

> introduce stated targets for customer

> satisfaction.

I found their customer support was quite good when I emailed them.

However, their "guarantees" consist solely of a refund - because they are based in Germany, they don't have the infrastructure in the UK to mend or replace faulty appliances. Or at least, not when I had a problem.

Sue Wrote:

> cella Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I love LIDL and think it's marketing campaigns

> are

> > inspired. I shop there weekly. The paying of

> the

> > LW is a great precedent and hopefully may shame

> > others into following. However, they really

> need

> > to up their game in customer support. Whenever

> > I've needed to raise a concern with them it's

> > proved really difficult to locate an

> appropriate

> > contact online and then Ive had to chase a

> > response on every occasion. They don't have

> staff

> > name badges as a policy I'm told and no plans

> to

> > introduce stated targets for customer

> > satisfaction.

>

>

> I found their customer support was quite good when

> I emailed them.

>

> However, their "guarantees" consist solely of a

> refund - because they are based in Germany, they

> don't have the infrastructure in the UK to mend or

> replace faulty appliances. Or at least, not when I

> had a problem.

No, unfortunately not my experience. They need to pay attention to basic things like taking mouldy food off the shelves - I removed a pile of rotting veg to the side of the counter, pointed this out to staff and when I passed by a few minutes later they had just put it back - seriously not on. When somebody did respond online they did not seem bothered. The Peckham branch often has the same goods priced differently round the store and when it's pointed out you don't hwave confidence that someone will address it immediately. Etc etc. they really need a customer services desk somewhere but suspect this is where they cut costs.

Townleygreen - hello good morning, I just read your post and wonder, when several posters have described how their lives would be improved by a local Lidl, and not have to get a bus with a toddler etc, and you are, with no irony whatsoever, in your car, which many of us do not have access to, having to go somewhere else for the 'last few bits'

This is not meant to sound rude or disparaging - but have you any idea how spoilt you sound?

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the Lidls near the Huge Sainsburys at Bell green a few weeks ago (I like to spread myself around) and there was a worker from said nearby store doing her shopping there in her uniform, a little girl ran up to her and yelled "It's much cheaper here than where you work" to which she replied sweetly through gritted teeth "I know,that's why I'm here dear"

I think the girls mum tried to hide behind a huge bag of spinach (80p I think)

We've been ripped off by Sainsbury?s Dog Hill for years could do with proper competition.

It always amazes me the French chain Monoprix ?I was working in Paris last week? they stock almost everything on 1/8 the floor area of Sainsbury?s and never appear to run out of stock.

Every time I shop at Sainsbury?s there?s always something they don?t have it?s just like shopping a Lidl ?

Let?s have a Monoprix on LL.

It would make M?S and Sainsbury?s etc look a joke.

But then the French don?t want to get involved in all the planning BS in the UK ..

I lived and worked in Paris for over 20 years and knew Monoprix well. It is a good supermarket; however, I have always thought that compared to British supermarkets, particular the likes of Sainsbury's, that it did not have such a good variety of produce and it certainly is not cheap. Many Lidl's have been springing up in Paris over the last few years.

LOL - What snobs - Lidl & Aldi are great value for money and this is the reason for the downfall in profits for all other "UPMARKET" stores! Who says Dulwich is an UPMARKET area??!!? Wake up?!?! Only a few years back this area was full of crime just like many other areas of South East London. Take that silver spoon out of your mouth and wake up to the real world.

Well put ourbubbleonline.

Many people here think they are a cut above the rest... All fur coat and no knickers..

East Dulwich really is nothing special..

The essence of any community is not how much a local business charges for a Hamburger and who can afford it

or how many new stalls there are in the local market..

The essence of any community is the people that live in that community and how they treat other people

in that community.. Looking out for each other.

That quality in East Dulwich has long gone and we are left with one-upmanship with a broken community trying to out do and belittle others..

That is the sad reality. People have no longer got any respect for others..

Call me old fashioned .. but that's how I was brought up..

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

>

> The essence of any community is the people that

> live in that community and how they treat other

> people

> in that community.. Looking out for each other.

> That quality in East Dulwich has long gone and we

> are left with one-upmanship with a broken

> community trying to out do and belittle others..

>

> That is the sad reality. People have no longer

> got any respect for others..

>

What a load of bollocks!

We have an annual fair on Goose Green where people get together and have a great time.

There are loads of street parties in East Dulwich every year, including one in your very own street, Fox.

We have a Christmas fair in North Cross Road, with live music and lots of things going on.

There is a Dulwich Helpline which looks after people. There is Neighbourhood Watch in many streets.

East Dulwich has certainly changed a lot, but ... "a broken community trying to outdo and belittle others"?

I don't think so. What a sad world you seem to perceive!

And ourbubbleonline, I disagree with you regarding what East Dulwich was like "a few years back", but even if you were right, "a few years back" isn't now, so it's not very clear quite what point you are trying to make.

Of course there is some crime. We're an inner city area.