Lidl in Dulwich?

apbremer

There's one at the end of Bellenden Rd, so not too far away.

I'm not sure why they want to move upmarket. Surely their selling point is precisely the fact that they're cheap and simple. Tesco and Morrisons are really struggling precisely because shoppers are either looking for a buget option, or higher end. The middle ground is being squeezed.

Jeremy, there are many of us here who do not drive and a bus hop to a local Lidl would suit. The Lidl at Peckham is often understocked. I wish Aldi Lidl or Waitrose would take over the limp indifferent and stress inducing queueing Coop. If M&S are moving into the Iceland building, why are the offices above to rent?

Anyone avoiding Lidl on that basis would do best to dodge Amazon and Ryan Air and a whole bunch of others - the big difference in today's Lidl as opposed to yesterday's Kwik Save is the quality of its own-brand stuff. Sainsburys and Tescos et al have got away with making 3rd rate crap versions of brand leaders for years and charging the earth for the 'real thing'.

Considering the The Co-op was supposed to be the Peoples' shop it has strayed

a long way from it's origins. I remember as some people here might also remember

tokens similar to these being issued. Some had cash values. Some were for specific

items such as 1/2 loaf of bread or a pint of milk.

http://www.pembrokedock.org/history_htm_files/6800.jpg

The Co-op on Lordship Lane is indeed terrible. It is pricey, especially meat at prices

equalling William Rose. Much of the stock is at its Best Before Today often reduced..

The queues are horrendous.

As with most stores. you get to know which product you like and their value for money. I find Lidl and Aldi's good for fruit juice, bleach, washing tablets and WU liquid. some fruit and veg. Their cold meats, sweets. cakes, biscuits, tinned fish, are also good quality and value. I usually buy basic brands in Sainsbury's but trial and error have identified those basics which are not good buys for me, i.e. basic baked beans (unless they are going in a shepherds pie) are not as nice as their own brand makes. Also Lidl at Peckham does not have the variety as Lidls at Beckenham.