Pick up laundry service

I was wondering if anyone knew of a pick and delivery laundry service in the area (not for nappies, for clothes etc). We're having our kitchen extended, the washing machine is out of action and I can't bear the thought of getting baby, pram and laudry to a laundrette! Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Thanks, LeilahB

• 9 months later...
launderette on lordship lane,, right next to william rose butcher. we are in the same situation - w/m is out as kitchen is being redone and just drop off and pick up a bit later (you can do it yourself but saves us time, you pay a bit extra for the service but they give it back to you nicely folded, so i just pay the extra fee).

Don't rule out the laundrette, there are quite a few in ED and lugging the stuff there isn't all that bad, even with a pram. Could always do service washes and get your partner to collect the washing when ready, so you only have to drop off.

With service-wash and pick-up laundry services, watch out that you don't send anything that can't be tumble-dried - they won't check labels and we have had some sad shrinkages! Is lovely when it comes back all nicely folded.

Am a long-time user and fan of laundrettes (first-floor flat with no garden, no tumble dryer, husband who generates ridiculous amount of washing with sports etc. and baby who loved pulling washing down from drying racks). Therapeutic to watch the giant dryers......

Need to get out more!

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...