Graffiti: A pathetic attempt at visibility or Modern Art?

• 1 month later...

Outside of brockley station for years there was a really tatty area that was just tagged and vandalised, a year or two ago three amazingly beautiful murals were painted by an infamous graffitti artist called KNOWN,who had been vandalising trains etc for years, whilst I hate the graffitti on trains etc these murals have added to the area immensley and like most really good art, other taggers have left these peices alone, and I have lost count of the amount of people I have seen photographing the murals, I think having dedicated graffitti areas is a good idea as it allows some of these young and very talented artists to develop there skills with out damaging peoples private property. I believe if there were more facility for young artists the amount of mindless graffitti would go down, and whilst we will never get rid of graffers we could at least give them a platform to make good art and support them where we can.

Art is a good thing and should be embraced.

Let us be clear

there is no such thing as Bad Art, nor is there Good Art- there is just Art

Whether we follow the oft repeated mantra of those who are the self crowned arbiters of good taste, or we decide for ourselves based on our senses & supposed capacity for individual thought - there is no correct answer.

Art can be individual, collective or corporate - and we see more corporate than any other in these torrid times, yet we may not realise it.

Further discussion on the internets merely tips us into the sucking vortex of wikipedia / anecdotes / Cut & paste wisdom - and that is not a place we should willingly enter

you like it

you dont like it

you have no opinion

these are the only options available