Re: East Dulwich property prices

Guest Longlad

Firstly no I don't have TV on computer. I just have one download a week that comes via a friends server. My point in various comments was, most people (not necessarily the people on this forum) will watch TV as their staple diet.

My lifestyle is measured against no one really except for my own ideas of what it should be. The TV went because it was a distraction for me to acheieve what I should be achieving. My control mechanism was when things were getting tough instead of dealing with them there and then I would turn my brain off for a bit and come back to it later.

Earning your own wealth is great have no problem with it but I do not feel that the current system works with regards to minimum standard of living/health for all. Giving ?50 to a kid from a council estate is an unthought out process and solves nothing. Even giving tax credits, the idea is great and in the right hands then they work but what about the people who won't spend it in the best way possible. Chucking money at people, communities, nations solves nothing, its just a tool, an energy that can be used or manipulated for a purpose. Stimulating peoples minds and allowing them freedom from a very young age (schools need to be more about teaching observation and thought rather than things like a shortened version of history which says all the bad things Hitler did but not the enormous F ups the British and every nation has always made massacaring people all over history).

Dany, I have some self control but sometimes not....so I take some slightly more drastic measures. That does not mean that my observations are invalid or irrelevant, it just means I'm human, I make mistakes and I like the rest of us do what I can to rectify them and live a better life.

Jamie - I never said it was a mistake...I never said it was irrelevant, it was an observation. Teaching freedom won't work, kids these days get enough of that at home. Teaching them shortend history will actually stimulate the mind and read.

Snorky - it was in crude terms. Just to demonstrate a point which I think you got instantly but for some reason decided to try and make a joke of it?? Errr NO! Not good to joke about such things, it happens. Once again I didn't say there was anything wrong about it. Once again someone assumed instantly that I had taken it the wrong way.

Let's not be so narrowminded.

Dany, apologies, re read my post and last bit could be deemed a bit arsy. Wasn't intended, I was just trying to admit to having less self control than I would like and not make everything I was trying to discuss irrelevant. :)

Huguenot....thanks for the offer but I'm actually enjoying it. Having been brought up with a television and having it central in every room I've lived in its rather nice having a flat without it.

x