Wanted: Toddler-friendly holiday recommendations?

Has anyone got any experiences of all-inclusive Mark Warner type holidays (though not MW prices, maybe more like Thomson)? I've never done anything like this but as my daughter is now 2, I'm thinking she might appreciate Kids Clubs and my boyfriend and I would certainly appreciate some time off to chill out on beach/by the pool/go out for dinner...that kind of thing. I'm thinking Tunisia/Greece/Turkey - somewhere that's still relatively warm in early October.

Let me know if you've done it and what you thought. Thanks....

Booked Hotel direct via holidaynights.co.uk, separate flights and then just took a taxi from the airport.

Hotel IBEROTEL GRAND SHARM would be about ?850 all inclusive in Oct but only ?500 in November.

Flights were about ?300 pp last year, under 2s are free... i shopped around, think we got a seat for our 6 yo at 2/3 price in the end.

Can vouch for the hotel, and great snorkelling right by (dive school on site)

This company specializes in baby and toddler friendly travel

http://www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk/

Haven't used them yet but seen their brochure and web site looks quite good. The girl who owns the company formed it when she had a child and realized it was difficult finding holidays that catered for children. DOn't know if it will cover what you are looking for but thought it may be interesting and useful anyway.

I used www.totstofrance.co.uk. Not sure that October will be a good time to be in France but a great website for your next adventure. They also do Italy (www.totstoitaly.co.uk). We had a great holiday with our nearly 3 year old and 9 month old in June. Proper cots, high chairs, sterilisers, monitors, toys, stair gates, games, slides, wendy houses, chickens (went down a storm), pool, etc. And babysitting (for a fee) so we got to go out for dinner a few times without them.

I agree - anything 'baby friendly' is about 50% more than anything else. That said, we did just go on a Mark Warner to Greece, and by booking 4 days in advance got it at under 1/2 price - which made it comparable with other options, and we got to have every morning lazing by the adult pool whilst LO went mini-sailing, kayaking and windsurfing (!!!)

Worth checking out their offers, anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

hi I can reccomment the alykanas beach hotel in zante(zakynthos)greece. we havent been with our little one but went there when I was pregnant and we are going to go back with her next year, they ran a kids club and the kids all seemed to have a great time with the staff, the beach is fantastic(and hotel right on beach front so no having to trudge down to beach with all your stuff. we used the loungers by the pool but when we wanted to go in sea walked 2 mins and were in! and its the most fantastic beach for kids as you have to walk for ages before it gets deaper then knee high so really safe for kids to play as waters edge, and its really warmwater!

its a quiet little resort with lovely restaurants but if you want something livelier you can walk along beach or road to get to alykes which has more bars watersports etc so best of both worlds.

restaurants are lovely and reasonable, you can ged a horse drawn carriage to take you up to the lemon tree restaurant which is lovely and the restaurant brings to back down in their taxi, and the catacombs bar is great ith views out to sea and mountains and plays great rock music. all in all a great place and think kids would love it. there certainly seemed to be loads going on pool tournaments etc, little ones disco etc. Balconies seemed to be baby friendly, aircon ans sat tv in rooms. worth a look at their website,

We have booked Lykia world in Turkey for early September, which was recommended in the Sunday Times top ten places for a holiday with kids - they have all day kids club etc. With Thomas Cook it was 2k for the four of us, but after digging around on the internet I managed to find the accommodation for just over ?500 all inclusive for a week through travel republic! We bought flights separately and saved loads. Obviously I haven't been there yet, but it sounds good!. The advantage of Turkey is its not in the Euro.....