When is redevelopment and improvement of peckham rye station happening?

Good question. We had visitors staying recently and warned them it was bad. However, there had been heavy rain so the stairs from platform 4 were like a waterfall and as for the ticket hall and archway through to Blenheim Grove - filthy. In the time taken on the co-creation we could have seen some meaningful change. Seems like people are more interested in the debate than the results.

the architects recently submitted their latest plan (the previous, by different architects, caused an uproar). It's nice, no extra commercial developments, lots of green spaces and a slight rusty metal theme throughout (a la anthony gormley).

barring any major objection, it should be submitted for planning permission in September.

hope it does and that it gets built ASAP! the current station is a dump.

rfolgado Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> the square and the station are different projects

> by different architects.

rfolgado - Realised that after going through the site - not sure

who the architects are for PR station still. The drawing out and

plans have a lot of detail however.

There is also a small development being planned in Copeland road car

park (although maybe people not that interested in that one)

A cheeky, simple western exit onto Bellenden Road wouldn't be such a terrible idea - would open up the catchment a lot more (Harris and even up to Peckham Road) - as the current route up to the platforms isn't very intuitive from the west.

I want the developments to be bold but, more importantly, useful and practical. I don't want diluted-down, committee-designed naffness but I'm not sure I will get it. (Some of the hackneyed eyewash I saw in that PDF was lamentable.)

Encourage all manner of businesses but make sure they know they have a (self) interest in keeping the place tidy and clean; clear the piazza in front of the station; offer seating (but strive not to attract congregations of piss-heads, like has happened in Brixton outside the Ritzy); plant trees and borders and *maintain* them well; keep the buses moving; penalise illegal parkers that cause annoying and pollution-enhancing jams (as is the case now, with nary an intervention) and just use common sense in the design and implementation.

Here's hoping.......