Terrible "No entry" sign at the bottom of Rye Lane,

Can anyone help me contest a charge for accidentally going through a 'no entry' sign on Rye Lane? I was in the area last week and recently got a ?50 fine,ignoring this seemingly invisible sign. I don't live in the area but according to my friend, a member of this forum, the sign is notorious for being hard to spot and confusing when you do see it. Is anyone aware of this sign being difficult to see? I need evidence to back up my claim and get the sign changed/improved.

Thanks in advance,

Duncan. Lordship Lane worshiper from afar.

ha ha you too eh?? we had exactly this the other week. I am pathetically obedient when it comes to bus lanes/parking/no entries etc so I too was aghast when I got the letter. I phoned the council to find out what I had done (thinkng it was the top of rye lane like someone else on the rye lane thread) There is indeed a no entry sign, rather small, by heaton road. Fair do's, its there and I didn't spot it. But then, why would you as there is no reason to assume you can;t since one can join the bottom of rye lane by heaton road, but you can't go thro that particular junction. I just put it down to 'you live and learn'..