Paint! Paint! Paint!

Could you make use of some free paint?

If you are decorating your home or community centre, free paint is always available at the Southwark Reuse and Recycling Centre - part of the national Community Repaint scheme.

?We stock a wide variety of paint ? whatever local residents donate to us: emulsions, oil-based paints, masonry paints, varnishes etc. in a variety of colours

?We cannot guarantee what?s in stock at any one given time and cannot reserve paint in advance

?You can take as much paint as you can carry but you will be asked to complete a disclaimer confirming you will not sell the paint on, or use it for commercial purposes

?You can collect anytime during our opening hours but please try to avoid busy periods such as weekends

?Paint is available to non-Southwark residents

Southwark Reuse and Recycling Centre

43 Devon Street

London

SE15 1AL

The Southwark Reuse and Recycling Centre is open seven days a week, 8am-8pm (April to September); no appointment necessary.

Can you tell me why, when I took paint which was old and had gone off to this tip, I was told in no uncertain terms to put it in with the general rubbish?

Obviously it could not be used, but why don't you have a facility for disposing of this kind of chemical waste, rather than just sending it to landfill where it will contaminate the earth?

ETA: I think it's great that you are recycling usable paint, btw.

Archived