Scooters/motorbikes being driven down cycle paths

Whether it's just motorbikes using this as a cut through, riding at speed, or actually racing each other, or a bit of both, is all a bit of a moot point. It seems to me that's it's pretty unreasonable behaviour and the the OP shouldn't have been attacked for suggesting so.

Just to be clear. I do not believe that motorcycles should be using Greendale cycleway. But at least it is wide and has a separate footpath on the right. The path from Greendale to Dulwich Hamlets is nothing like as wide. Only a fool would think it is safe to cut through here.

milk76 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just to be clear. I do not believe that

> motorcycles should be using Greendale cycleway.

> But at least it is wide and has a separate

> footpath on the right. The path from Greendale to

> Dulwich Hamlets is nothing like as wide. Only a

> fool would think it is safe to cut through here.

Had to get out of the way of one on the path between Dulwich Hamlets and Greendale the other day. They use all the paths around me - the one going from Green Dale to Blanchedowne as well.

Thanks for the replies on this. Will update when I hear back from the council.

You can make as many changes to road speed, junction design etc.. as you like, but until changes are enforced there will be the few or many, who do what is easiest for them. I don't see that loads of speeding cyclists is going to be pleasant or easy, let alone safe. I guess more people, frustrated at car journeys and poor public transport may buy scooters and motorbikes.

The 20mph issue remains and even in the centre of ED impatient drivers try to force others over 20mph. Speed/ impatience/ the need to get somewhere fast/ are facts of modern life and I don't think the foregoing, so long as they are unenforced are solutions.

If we had some half decent public transport in SE London it would help alleviate a lot of the pressure on the roads. Unfortunately billions are being wasted from the infrastructure budget on Boris' vanity projects like the new 'routemasters', the garden bridge and the Emirates Dangleway. It would be nice if the mayor would extend the tube into SE London, to serve some existing communities and the taxpayers who are funding TFL, instead of diverting the northern line into the middle of a new property development already being dubbed 'Singapore on Thames' (due to it's being primarily marketed as an opportunity for overseas speculators to park their cash)... effectively a huge taxpayer subsidy to the developers. RANT RANT RANT

They normally are going too fast for me to get a number, also it's usually towards dusk when I see them. One idea I had was hitting their Facebook page with complaints? I've seen Firezza which are in Herne Hill and Pizza Go Go branded bikes, is anyone else up for that? Or a head office complaint, although they may be frachised

ukalec Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you think motorised bikes and scooters are

> being used in areas where they shouldn't be - take

> a registration and report them to 101.

>

> I have physically grabbed the handlebars of a

> scooter cutting between Greendale and the bottom

> of Dylways and made him get off and walk it

> through. However, I would not recommend this

> action, as the guy was pretty aggressive and

> called me a "@#$%&".

>

> Ill get scared when he is old enough to grow hair

> on his balls.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely ridiculous the other night. One lad racing an actual motorbike at full throttle up and down the cycle path at about 10pm, waking up the newborn baby in one of the flats in my block.

Reported it to 101 but it was too dark to see the number plate.

This is getting silly now. I've reported it to the council but still haven't received a reply.