Forest Hill Tavern

I see the Forest Hill Tavern (FHT) is having a refit, looks nice on the outside and the garden is being decked out as well.

Anyone aware of what "style" pub they are going for?

Before you ask, it does have a SE22 postcode :)-D

Forest Hill Tavern

108 Forest Hill Road

London

SE22 0RS

Spencer

I was in the Herne last night (had a meal) it was very very good. Anyway...

Whilst manoevering my way through the builders that gather in the Herne come 4pm, I overheard one of them saying that the Forest 'ill was opening back up soon, and that they were glad to be going back up there. So I don't think it will be like the Rye Hotel or anything. I would say it's still going to be a local boozer.

• 8 months later...

Went for a drink in here recently - not that great. Warm drink. Loud 30th birthday going on which was a bit cringy to watch - It was kinda in the style of a hen party.

What do others think. I think it has potential the garden is pretty nice.

Been in a few times before and after the refit. Think the place is alright now (the new decor veers towards the identikit/soulless but pulls back just in time, in my own opinion). Not eaten there.

Agree with the point above about the staff - they seem to be very good. My own gripe is that there's been football on the last few times I've been in, and it's visible (and audible) everywhere. Can't those who want to watch it be segregated from the rest of us?

Been in a couple of times - over last summer the garden was pretty good (and quiet too), however went in there a couple of months ago and the food was dreadful - I ordered chicken which was raw, when I complained to the waiting staff she tried to tell me it was ham(?) (it was that pink!!). Won't be hurrying back.

KM1