bank recommendations

mazza7103

I've been with First Direct for 18 years and they haven't put a foot wrong with me. Sorry you're having a bad time with them though Mazza. Is it a specific issue? How long have you been with them? Maybe give them another chance?

i've been with them for 6 years. they have left me without a debit card for 2 weeks. absolutely ridiculous. i've been calling all week, which i dont have time for and get nowhere. customer service, appalling. i just cant stand what little spare time i have being on the phone. i was cut off 4 times when put on hold. they have my number and 4 operators didn't call me back. they say they leave messages on your account which you can only get if you call and someone who you spoke to, looks for them. they have my email and phone number, would it not be sensible to leave a message there. as the customer how do you know they have left a message on their system.

i've worked on customer service for 11 years, thats not customer service.

sorry bit of a rant. never ask an angry woman, why, ever, lol :))

I am with them as well and find them generally really good. Why don't you call them when you aren't at work and tell them how upset you are. They can deliver a cash card to the most convenient HSBC branch near to where you work/will be. I have had them do that for me. They always ring me on my mobile and leave messages there.

Sorry Mazza - how frustrating. I've never had that sort of experience with First Direct. I have however, recently had a similar experience to yours with O2 (don't get me started) so I totally understand your rant.

One of my favourite websites is the Martin Lewis www.moneysavingexpert.com website. The forums are most informative. Why not spend some time on it before deciding which bank to switch to.

Sorry to hear you've had a difficult time with First Direct - I've always found their service to be very good and I've been with them for 14 years.

I am not sure where I would go if I was unhappy with them - but I know I wouldn't touch Nat West or Lloyds after their shoddy service before I was with First Direct.

Maybe try Smile?

Co-operative Bank - Ethical and owned by us, the depositors; not perfect, by any account ('scuse the pun!), but means you're able to put your money where your mouth is (sorry, more puns mixed with a cliche', but it's too early, and on a saturday an' all!)

i have asked them to send the card to a branch. so its going to lordship lane. unfortunately rather than call me and ask where i wanted the card sent when i was cut off they put a note on the system. so i would need to call again and hope that the message would be read. yeah great service, if you psychic