The ED mummy who picked clean the pile outside the MIND shop

this afternoon

Well done, afantastc excample of getting in early. I really hope you need the stuff more than others, although judging by the car you drive, It would appear not. Those handbags are hardly one of lifes essentials are they ?

Still, who am I to make judgements based on appearance and class.

You see, what a low life. Taking away from people who are unfortunate and mentally I'll. my father in law is a director of the mind charity and I have told him about what goes on there. I think we will need to report this to the filth because it is one of the lowest forms of theft, from a charity not exactly a robin hood are they.

Agree it's bad that anyone would stoop to stealing from a charity shop - but don't most have signs outside begging people not to leave their donations outside for precisely that reason?

If people wants to ensure their donations make it to the people who need them rather than getting stolen, then waiting till the shop is open to drop them off is a good idea.

Peckham Rose - I agree that it's very low when people rifle through the charity bags and take stuff but my point is that it wouldn't happen if people didn't dump their litter there in the first place.

They are not technically stealing as it's just a load of bags on a pavement.....the shops always ask people not to leave bags out of hours as by the time they open it's either ruined by rain or all the good stuff has been taken and they have to deal with the litter.

Why can't the people return when the shop is open and give their bags to the staff instead of leaving a load of litter for them to deal with!

Not sure but if I leave a bag of stuff on a public pavement I don't think the police would arrest a person who then took it away again and charge them with theft!

Either way - it's abhorrent the person who takes from outside the shop and I agree they are taking from a charity shop but I also think the person who left it there in the first place is equally in the wrong...

macroban Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > They are not technically stealing

>

> The 1968 Theft Act has changed since I last read

> it?

but who are they stealing from?

if the shop says that it doesn't want stuff left on the street surely it isn't theirs and if the person leaving it doesn't want it they don't want it to be theirs, so it's effectively abandoned or flytipped by the leaver

if i come and leave my junk outside your house it doesn't make it yours

for the record, i don't think that either leaver or taker have behaved well but i don't think that the police should waste much time on this sort of stuff

I suppose there's a small chance that the person was associated with the shop, had title to the stuff, and preferred keeping it somewhere safe and dry overnight. Or not.

In either case, asking them might have helped.

But asking them might have removed the chance to make a nice judgemental post on the forum about their behaviour ;-)

I'm with pk though, with limited resources this really doesn't seem like the kind of thing the police should be investing lots of time in solving.

I think it's a bit harsh to label anyone having a rumage thru charity donations as low life and in effect scum. There are those also out there in need - just coz they may seem outfitted in "socially acceptable" get ups doesn't mean to say they're not wanting for anything. Now I'm not saying I condone the behaviour of rumaging through bags left on pavements for charity as that is just wrong but I will say something against the unecessary branding of ppl others deem as low life - books and covers my dears!

I live opposite this charity shop and there are always bags of stuff left out on the street. People come along and just empty them out onto the pavement and have a rummage through to see if they can find anything they want.

Stupid people for dumping stuff outside a closed shop, and stupid people who think it is morally acceptable to take stuff beacuse it's 'available'. I can't be bothered to argue who is worse.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> .......the EDF at its pooterish best....FFS,

> someone leaves some crap outside a shop someone

> takes some of the crap...CALL THE POLICE.

>

>

> PS Nice work Snorky 9/10

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!