Chrissie Hynde is gorgeous

Mick Mac

[quote name=Comapring Chrissie Hynde to Lilly Allen is like comparing a fine Ch?teau Margaux' date=' to a bottle of Lambrini.

]

My thoughts exactly Brendan...

but not sure anyone will know who Lily Allen is in 30 years time SMG...

don't think she got the same staying power (or class for that matter) as Chrissie Hynde

lilly allen is good at what she does and has made the most of her abilities, so i guess i admire her for that. Chrisie is in another league however and her talents have stood the test of time. Maybe being vegan is the way forward if you want to look good at 58.

The first two records are little gems of pop rock, them and a greatest hits are all you need really.

I read an interview with CH some time ago where she was talking about giving up the drink.

Her reasoning was along the lines of 'I didn't mind being an alcoholic, but when I started looking like one...'

Snorky I've never associated Hynde and drummer Martin Chambers with heroin, are you sure?

Mikecg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Whos knows? but Sid V was sacked from the

> pretenders.

Supposed to marry JL, but ( IIRC ) JL was hungover/ speeding , so he sent Sid down to take his place and Ch refused to go ahead/ ran off

With regard to CH skag - um.

>Would you still fancy her if she hadn't been in all those kinky films?>

I have liked her since "The Lacemaker" She is a most extraordinary actor. If you think her films are kinky you should really get out more >:D<

Not sure if Isabelle Adjani is 50 yet but on my....I say..oh my!!

KalamityKel Wrote:

> Yet another thread Mick? Please stop it and talk

> some sense! *tut tuts*

Well thanks for that Kel - if you don't like the thread you don't have to comment. Surely we are not all on here to talk sense. Life's rather dull when we all talk sense.

SimonM Wrote:

> If you think her films are kinky you should really get out more >:D<

I have only seen two of her films, as far as I can recall.

In Ma Mere, her character slits her own throat while having sex with her son. There is a subplot involving BDSM.

In The Piano Teacher, she plays a masochist who embarks on an affair with a teenage student. She instructs her student to beat her up and have violent sex.

I think these films are more than a little risque, Simon... but perhaps this kind of thing passes for innocent family viewing in your household?

Jeremy - aren't you thinking of Isabelle Huppert?

Jeremy Wrote:

> SimonM Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > If you think her films are kinky you should

> really get out more >:D

> I have only seen two of her films, as far as I can

> recall.

>

> In Ma Mere, her character slits her own throat

> while having sex with her son. There is a subplot

> involving BDSM.

> In The Piano Teacher, she plays a masochist who

> embarks on an affair with a teenage student. She

> instructs her student to beat her up and have

> violent sex.

>

> I think these films are more than a little risque,

> Simon... but perhaps this kind of thing passes for

> innocent family viewing in your household?