Going on Holiday? Dont like mossies? Buy an Eco Citronella Candle!

Hi all,

I recently travelled abroad with a baby and desperately needed an means to keep pesky mosquitoes away.

Citronella candles were recommended to me as it is know to repel mosquitoes. But I was also very keen to keep away from regular petroleum based candles which release chemicals into the air your breathing in, especially with a baby nearby.

I looked online and didnt find anything natural such a soya based citronella candles, so I decided to make my own!

I've been on holiday and have now returned , having found they seem to to the trick pretty well. I made loads and have around 10 candles spare if anyone is interested.

These would be good for any holidays where there are likely to be mossies and other bugs at night, for any evening BBQ's here in england where you're likely to be outdoors, camping trips, festivals (festival campsite toilets!), or even for making the house smell nicely of citronella

So heres the details;

Made from Eco based soya (wax)

Natural Citronella Essential oils

Burn time hasnt been tested fully as I burnt them on and off throughout the evening before bed, but its at least 4hrs plus

Size of the candle is around 100mm diameter by around 35mm tall.

Housed in an aluminium tin - solid for chucking into a bag/suitcase

See photo for what they look like.

I'm looking to make back the cost of materials so would like ?3.50 per candle please.

Thanks

Archived