Why are local parks not opened earlier?

Why is it that Dulwich and Peckham Rye parks are not opened before about 7:30? Some of us are up with the cock at the weekend and, on these light summer mornings, want to use the local parks for physical jerks and general recreational purposes. And yet for the last month or so I've found the gates to both Dulwich and Peckham Rye parks shut at about 7pm This renders me vexed.

Any chance Southwark can open them up earlier?

Or does anyone know a cheeky way in?

Is the gardener's entrance round need the car park, or near that large faux marble fountain just inside the gate?

what about DP? Is that impossible to get into when shut?

I hasten to add my intended activities in the parks are entirely honourable. Running essentially.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Gardeners' entrance is to the right of the

> fountain entrance (when you are facing it) Lots of

> temp buildings. There is a gap in the fence on the

> rhs.

You are literally peckhamgatecrasher - love it!

Apparently the official time for opening is 8am(Peckham Rye) but the gardeners would open up on their way in around about 7.On a day when they were shut , someone complained and one of the blokes got the **** hole and decided not to botheropening up early.Though the gate by the car park is usually open early . You can also get in by the yard just have to pull the gate open a bit its not attatched. If enough of us complain to the Parks Dept. they may go back to opening earlier cos its so stupid not to be open early when its light especially when the gates are not usually locked till 9 ish when its dark ! Also many people use the park as a short cut and to have to go the long way round can put at least 10 mins on your jouney. Oh and whats the point of the outdoor gym when you cant get in to use it .