claim to fame!

hellosailor

jumpinjackflash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i shared a lift with Bob Geldof and Kofi Annan in

> Geneva

I once, unknowingly, shared a lift with the rock band Ash - I didnt actually see them at the time when I got in & mentioned to my pal about how hot Charlotte was & basically told him what I'd like 2 do 2 her - I then turned around & saw her right behind me... ::o

I also told Robbie Williams to get to the back of my queue when he pushed in..he wasn't too happy about queueing & got someone else to open the till up...and *yes* he was a tw*t!!

I had school friends called Jamie and Gala Wright, I used to go to their house for tea and had drum lessons with Jamie. I knew that their dad was a musician (played electric organ in Pink Floyd,) but wasn't sure who he was at the time.

I was also very good with John Rostills son, Paul (he played bass for The Shadows and Tom Jones, and was very sadly electrocuted to death by his Bass guitar!). Hank & Cliff paid for Pauls upbringing, school etc, he never got to meet his dad. Thoroughly nice chaps.

I met Robert Fripp once, he sneered when I asked for Bill Brufords autograph.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I used to play football with and against Max

> Clifford and knew him fairly well. One day when

> playing against him a cross came over and as he

> challenged me to the ball from which I scored with

> a header he landed badly and broke his knee.

Haha, i bet he loves you!

Nick Mason is his name CC, maybe the Manson slip was a subconcious ref to Charles Manson.

There have been a lot of refs to The Floyd, well all of them except for Roger Walters and the crazy founder Syd (ACID) Barrett. Weve had Rick RIP Dave and now Nick.

Comeon EDF who's met the miserable old bastard Walters or the crazy genius Syd RIP?

Just a thought CC did you grow up in a stately home or a castle? The reason I ask is because someone as rich as Mason would usually buy a property of that kind.

I'm not sure how why I chose it, I just found something pleasing about it as a phrase, but I have just googled it and wiki came up with this.

"Hello, sailor" is a sexual proposition made to a sailor, presumably by a prostitute or promiscuous woman supposing the sailor to be male and sexually frustrated after a long time at sea. This usage has become a camp catchphrase, implying that sailors stay away at sea so long that they can't tell the difference between a hooker and a man in drag, or that sailors are commonly homosexual.[citation needed] Hello, Sailor in this usage is also the title of several books, including one by Eric Idle and another about gay life in the British merchant marine, as well as a 2007 Liverpool museum exhibit about gay sailors.[1]

"Hello, sailor" is used as a running joke in the interactive fiction-text adventure Zork universe.

I am not a prostitute so maybe should have gone for a different forum name. Hellocastingdirector might have been more fitting.

"Comeon EDF who's met the miserable old bastard Walters or the crazy genius Syd RIP? "

Both Syd and RW went to Cambridge HS for Boys, where I went years later, after it became a 6th form college. There were still a few teachers there who had taught both of them. I (together with pretty much everyone else in Cambridge in the 80s) used to see Syd around town fairly regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
To continue the Pink Floyd link, I shared an accountant with Roger Waters. His office was an anonymous building in Putney, paperwork everywhere, gold discs casually hung up around the walls. (The accountant had an interesting mix, 50% Roger Waters and 50% assorted freelancers, mainly musicians but he sometimes took on the occasional person with an 'interesting job' like me). Never got to meet the great Roger.