claim to fame!

hellosailor

my dad's a plastic vacuum former and he made the shoulder plates for Sly Stallone in Judge Dred (sic). He also made Jason Donovan's gold breast plate when he was in Joseph. Unfotunately he never met them, was just given measurements. I know who i'd have rather met!! (i was about 10, do the maths).

charliecharlie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Brendan Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Vincent, Don McLean?s truly beautiful tribute

> to

> > Vincent van Gogh was covered by the punk band

> NOFX

> > in the mid nineties. Their wonderfully loud

> mess

> > of the classic still brings a smile to my face.

>

>

> brilliant Brendan... who needs rhythm when you're

> a punk

> http://blog.regalbear.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/

> 03/nofx.jpg

> enjoy the beers, think I'll just crack one open

> and join you

> xxcc

I never got to see NOFX but I did randomly meet Frenzal Rhomb in an internet cafe..

My friend once got arrested for trying to invade Luxembourg when he was 15- a feat only beaten by Hitler. ( He was actually just playing with a fake gun in a forest )

I was a guest on Dermot O'Leary's R2 show not long after it started - he's lovely but v cold hands... his show was being slated on the R2 forums at the time and don't think we helped improve it... he doesn't have listener's on now!!

I saw Glenda Jackson once but resisted the urge to go up and tell her how fab she was as Cleopatra (with M&W!) as I was working and it might not have been appropriate!

actually, I have just remembered that I am related in some way to George Formby and my Uncle once built a house with Gilbert O.Sullivan. Oh, and I know Ronnie O'Sullivan's grandfather Mickey and his cousin Michael and his Uncle Paul and Uncle Michael.

I went to pick up friend at her dentist's surgery after having a root canal and both John Cleese and Ian Dury were in the waiting room... Cleese was very twitchy and kept crossing and un-crossing his legs whilst flapping the pages of a newspaper very loudly... Dury, as you would expect, was his charming, funny, excentric self...

I've always had a soft spot for Stephen Fry because he's an utter sweetheart. He has good manners too and I'm an old fashioned girl so that goes a long way with me. Anyway, long story short, I've just received an invitation to next month's Friends for Life Dinner (Terrence Higgins Trust). Stephen hand-writes all the invitations personally. He's a seriously busy guy but he hand-writes dinner invitations! That just makes me love him even more (if that's possible).

I can't make the dinner but I'm still sending a cheque - if SF can give up his time then I can give up my money. Bless him.

I read somewhere (and I've no idea if it's true) that Michael Jackson personally signs all of his cheques in the knowledge that many of the cheques don't get presented for payment because the recipients would rather keep the autograph. Crafty or what? No idea if it's true.

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> I read somewhere (and I've no idea if it's true)

> that Michael Jackson personally signs all of his

> cheques in the knowledge that many of the cheques

> don't get presented for payment because the

> recipients would rather keep the autograph.

> Crafty or what? No idea if it's true.

Salvador Dali ditto - ' cept he used to do a doodle on the back as well - he used to have huge piss sessions in resturants with a band of flunkeys and always paid by cheque = no-one ever cashed them surprisingly

What would Salo do nowadays with the demise of the cheque? having Dalis Amex slip isnt as romantic or collectable