claim to fame!

hellosailor

Has anybody got any interesting claims to fame?

To kick the ball rolling mine are...

My twin brother and I were once ejected by an aperplectic Chris Tarrant from a coca cola sponsored Capital Radio road show after Kid Jensen jeered at my brother's shorts and we retaliated by knocking over a record breaking model of the Houses of Parliament made out of coke cans. (we were 5)

My great great grandfather was the Band Master on the Titanic who played the violin, along with the rest of his quartet, until shortly before the ship went under, in order to try to soothe people and keep them calm, even though he knew that the death of him and everyone of his band members was certain. He is even a featured character in the Leo 'n' Kate debacle of a film!

Mark Owen from Take That once asked me out! It was post the first incarnation of Take That .... in his wilderness years to be fair, but still! If only I'd been a Take That fan!

I used to share a flat with the girl whose dad was fingermouse (the man with the finger, not the mouse itself) and consequently the real fingermouse puppet from the series lived in a shoebox in our flat. Ooh, guests were impressed!

I was once in a Dove Advert. but in the end they decided to dub me and put it on in Germany as I was deemed 'too sarcastic' for British audiences. Eh?! Us Brits love a bit of irony!

what claims to fame do other forumites hide?

I repeatedly kicked and ground my knees into the back of greasy car salesman & convicted clocker, Quentin Wilsons easy jet seat all the way to inverness.

Imagine his surprise when I found myself behind him in the car rental desk queue sneering as he pathetically tried to get a celeb discount on his Volvo weekend rental

wanker

Vincent, Don McLean?s truly beautiful tribute to Vincent van Gogh was

in the mid nineties. Their wonderfully loud mess of the classic still brings a smile to my face.

I?ve only had 3 beers Charlie. But I think it just topped up a very alcoholic weekend as everything is blurry and most definitely not to be taken seriously.

I love bank olidays.

No idea who Tim Vincent is.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Vincent, Don McLean?s truly beautiful tribute to

> Vincent van Gogh was covered by the punk band NOFX

> in the mid nineties. Their wonderfully loud mess

> of the classic still brings a smile to my face.

brilliant Brendan... who needs rhythm when you're a punk

http://blog.regalbear.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/nofx.jpg

enjoy the beers, think I'll just crack one open and join you

xxcc