Old TV shows

Louisa

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mystery and Imagination series with David Buck- I

> used to miss half the stories because I would hide

> behind the sofa.

I used to have nightmares involving The Mysterons-those lights moving around the room, spooky!

I think I've seen that movie.

Salsaboy Wrote:

> With water?

>

> Parkdrive Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Take three girls

For Kids:

Bod, Pure genius.

Mr Ben

Take Hart.

Camblewick Green/Chigley/Trumpton.

Dungeons & Dragons (did it ever end?)

Hong Kong Fuey

For big kids:

The Invaders (did this ever end?). "michael vincent, a man, too weary to continue his journey pulls into a deserted diner?'

The Prisoner (not the rubbish remake, the original).

Anything by Lew Grade (Man in a suitcase, The Persuaders etc)

Randal & Hopkirk Deceased (the original).

Ever decreasing circles

The World At War

sydenhamcentral Wrote:

>

> Dungeons & Dragons (did it ever end?)

No.

A script was even written for the finale but never made.

I feel like a proper geek now.

Was bored the other evening and aimlessly flicking through channels came across The Sweeney on ITV4. Apparently it was the first ever episode.

John Bindon and Alan Lake both playing villians. (Life immitating art or art immitating life?).

Also Brian Blessed and "Dot Cotton" in early T.V.roles.

But the most fascinating bit about watching this was outside location shots of E.D., particularly DHFC old stadium.

Made in 1974.

hc Wrote:

> Randall and Hopkirk Deceased- and I still love the

> theme tune

Oops I meant I loved Randall and Hopkirk Deceased, and the theme tune L'oiseau, a theme of Belle et Sebastien

The music always reminds me of wandering around carnaby street thinking you were really part of the whole swinging London thing, then jumping the night bus home to Camberwell Green and realising that most of 60's London was very much removed from the media hyped image of the era. We still had gas lamps and an outside toilet on meeting house lane!

Louisa.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Our dog is on her way to recovering, thank you. She spent the first 5 or so days at the vet and had still has some wounds which are open, but given how she looked when it happened it's pretty remarkable. You can see her looking happy on The Neighbourhood Vet Instagram here - https://www.instagram.com/p/DBYkbVeoV2F/?img_index=1 Unfortunately, we are aware of the other dog from the police and it was the same dogs that attacked ours that killed the other shortly after. The dogs were caught and we understand have been put to sleep, but the owner was not able to be traced. 
    • Plus ca change During WWI, Vera Brittain worked as a VAD nurse at the 1st London General Hospital, Camberwell - the military extension of St Bartholomew's Hospital. The satellite hostel was nearly two miles away on Champion Hill.   "...it seemed strange to be the quarter-possessor of a bare-boarded room divided into cubicles by much-washed curtains of no recognisable colour, with only a bed, a washstand and a tiny chest of drawers to represent one's earthly possessions... to meet the needs of about twenty young women, was one cold bathroom equipped with an ancient and unreliable geyser...which took about twenty minutes to half fill the bath with lukewarm water."   Edited to add source: "Testament of Youth" by Vera Brittain published 1933.
    • It maybe worthwhile checking the foundations of the house because some houses in Dulwich were designed and built in such a manner as to eliminate/reduce the risk of subsidence. One such design feature was "raft foundations". These are thick, reinforced concrete slabs that spread the building’s load evenly across a large surface area, reducing the differential movement caused by subsidence. Raft foundations "float" on the clay and accommodate movements without major structural damage. Another factor worth considering is if the terrace of houses is on level ground or on a slope . On a downhill slope, the houses lower down the slope are potentially more prone to subsidence damage  because the houses higher up the slope tend to "lean" on those further down if subsidence movement has occurred.
    • Exams can be a particularly stressful time for teenagers, and I offer one-on-one sessions specifically designed to support students through this challenging period. With a focus on managing stress and anxiety, I guide teenagers through a range of practical techniques that can be applied before, during, and after exams. In our sessions, we explore: Breathing techniques to help them stay calm and focused, especially when anxiety arises. Coping strategies to manage feelings of overwhelm and stress, ensuring they have tools to regain control during intense moments. Positive affirmations to build self-confidence and maintain a positive mindset throughout the exam period. Relaxation techniques to unwind and release tension, providing much-needed mental and physical rest. My goal is to create a supportive and calming environment where teenagers feel equipped to face their exams with confidence and ease. Each session is tailored to the individual’s needs Sessions and Prices  40 minutes - £45 60 minutes - £60 (prices may vary if not in the local East Dulwich area, classes can also be at my home or held in the comfort of their home or a preferred location) For more information please get in touch. Kerry Flower [email protected] 07834 318 153 Instagram - together.we.breathe www.togetherwebreathe.co.uk  Linktree Click to read my recent newsletter         
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In