Teenage tipple

bigbadwolf

Teenie drinks in Leeds in the mid-90s:

Taboo and lemonade. Sickly sweet, used to interchange with martini rosso and lemonade.

Snakebite and black. Stomach-stripping.

"Blastaway" (castaway and lager I think) - this was served at a place with a revolving dancefloor on a "drink as much as you want for a fiver" night - mayhem!

Two-dogs / Hooch lemonade.

Pernod and black (when could afford it).

Brought-back-from-holiday-by-parents-Ouzo and sprite (very bad night when said parents had hidden all the booze in the house but this was found in the cellar)

"Cripple Cock" cider. Did what it said on the packet according to a friend who pulled a seemingly gorgeous hunk.

Smiler, I sometimes (though seldom) rang the changes from a Taboo and lemonade, with a Mirage and lemonade, it's lesser known and I think more melony sister.

In my neck of the woods, a Blastaway was a Castaway and a Diamond White. Ahhh, Ritzy...

I wasn't a teenager at the time but did know some West Indians who used to bring rum back with hash leaves in them so that the rum tasted of hash and then when the leaves were dried out and smoked they tasted of rum - double whammys.

Smiler Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Teenie drinks in Leeds in the mid-90s:

>

> Taboo and lemonade. Sickly sweet, used to

> interchange with martini rosso and lemonade.

> Snakebite and black. Stomach-stripping.

> "Blastaway" (castaway and lager I think) - this

> was served at a place with a revolving dancefloor

> on a "drink as much as you want for a fiver" night

> - mayhem!

> Two-dogs / Hooch lemonade.

> Pernod and black (when could afford it).

> Brought-back-from-holiday-by-parents-Ouzo and

> sprite (very bad night when said parents had

> hidden all the booze in the house but this was

> found in the cellar)

> "Cripple Cock" cider. Did what it said on the

> packet according to a friend who pulled a

> seemingly gorgeous hunk.

You must be around the same age as me. The only thing missing off that list is Concorde.