Teenage tipple

bigbadwolf

Right, we've had the worst hangover thread but now I think it's time we discussed what we'd force down our throats to get us pissed. I'll also be interested what wierd concoctions the colonials and johnny foreigners used to or still do put away.

I'd drink:

All the cheap cider that gave parents nightmares (white lightning, Woodpecker, Diamond white)

MD 20/20.

Martini.

Beer (If we were lucky)

Anything I could nick off my parents.

Over to you.

P.s If you want to take part in this thread DM we want the truth.

"Southern Comfort & lemonade" that's my puke drink, the one I can't touch.

Good choice looking back, I know people for whom it's red wine, what a tragedy.

On the whole Harp, cheap cider, martini rosso (classy), lambrusco (back when screw caps were still a bad thing on wine), thunderbird *gags a bit*, oh lets face it, anything I could get hold of.

Luckily a few months before I was 16 a few pubs opened their doors to us and we could join the world of Greene King ales and bad lager.

First thing I ever really got drunk on was a 2 lt bottle of strongbow, and 4 cans of super T (class). Then it was snakebites for a while (sometimes with black).

First pints I ever drank regularly (from about 16) was Guinness, which is all I drank til I was about 22.

Always went for JD, and if I'm honest, it's probably because Slash and all my other rock idols drank it. Much like the fact I smoked Marlboro Reds because Ozzy did.

My first alcohol induced vomit was due to a banana liquer one New Year, the thought makes me gag 30 yrs later ... yuck!

I once took on a bet to drink down in one the contents of my glass in a greek taverna if they could make my ouzo go clear; they did with an equal measure of neat gin .... that destroyed the power of speech and caused major hurt the next day!