Re: After Work Shopping

Snorky, you have some VERY weird ideas about small business owners. Of course they're in it to make money, why do you get out of your pit everyday to go to work. Also, we are all governed by the same legislations and the days of exploiting your staff in any way are long gone. Give small businesses a break you mad man(6)

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Snorky, you have some VERY weird ideas about small

> business owners. Of course they're in it to make

> money, why do you get out of your pit everyday to

> go to work. Also, we are all governed by the same

> legislations and the days of exploiting your staff

> in any way are long gone. Give small businesses a

> break you mad man(6)

I get out of my pit each day to prostitute myself to the highest bidder - I get well paid for an apallingly small amount of actual effort - Unlike many in my field, I do not have any illusions about what I do and do not dress up my position as a small cog in the big wheel of capitalism as anything but. I do not argee that the money my industry makes enriches the community and the country by my ostentatious spending on useless luxury goods, trickling down to the masses.

I have worked hard - once or twice - I didnt like it - theres no nobility in it.There is no reward in heaven and no right hand side of god to sit on.

if you want to be a shopkeeper - the same group of people who incidentally were instrumental in electing Hitler to Chancellor - then that is up to you, but please do not come out with rubbish such as community etc - Everything is secondary to ? if you run your own business - it has to be. Shopkeepers are all like the infamous Mr Krabs to a greater or lesser degree.

snorky Wrote:

> if you want to be a shopkeeper - the same group of

> people who incidentally were instrumental in

> electing Hitler to Chancellor

Just on a point of history here..

No-one elected Hitler to be Chancellor - he was appointed by Hindenburg

• Administrator
And therefore this part of the thread gets Lounged (I'm going to try and split it just before the minimum wage debate came in so the original question "Do any of the food shops on LL stay open after 5.30 ?" and some answers stay here)