Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

Moos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Agreed, maxxi! But I wonder whether all thst

> swooping about when pissed might make you feel a

> bit sick..

The perfect accessory...http://www.airsickness-bag.com/media/img/air-sickness-bag.jpg Jumbo size, natch.

Client pesters you with stroppy email: "I must have it by close of play Wednesday". It gets emailed well before "close of play Wednesday" (even though we're not playing cricket) and an automated out of office reply pings straight back: "xxxx xxxxxx is away on holiday from Tuesday 5.00pm until Friday 9.30am". Tw*t...

* "Environmentally friendly" paper carrier bags which disintegrate in the rain :-S

* Amazon raising the price of an iPod I had just saved enough Nectar points for (over years obviously) by nearly ?40 within a week (6) - from ?175 to ?214 - whilst at the same time sending me emails of the "double points for a limited time" variety - actually maybe that's perfectly rational rage ..... do they think we're all stupid??

* People who preface much of what they say or write with "To be honest" - so you're not honest the rest of the time, then?

* Being lied to. About anything. Even small things. Even things that don't matter in the least. GRRRRRRR.

• 2 months later...

The snotty-sounding voice of the self service tills at Sainsburys, the one who orders you, with barely concealled impatience, to 'place the item in the bagging area' just after you've placed the item in the bagging area. Or 'please enter your PIN number, just after you've entered your PIN number. Or, best of all, 'please take your items'.

Really? You think I should?

OR DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD WASTE MY OWN TIME BY COMING INTO RETAIL HELL, PICKING OUT A RANDOM SELECTION OF ITEMS, LISTEN TO ALL YOUR BANAL FUCKWITTERY, PAY FOR IT ALL WITH MY OWN MONEY AND THEN LEAVE WITHOUT BOTHERING TO PICK UP THE STUFF I'VE JUST PAID FOR

JUST SOD OFF YOU ARROGANT, SUPERCILIOUS VOICE-OVER TWAT!

Muley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The snotty-sounding voice of the self service

> tills at Sainsburys, the one who orders you, with

> barely concealled impatience, to 'place the item

> in the bagging area' just after you've placed the

> item in the bagging area. Or 'please enter your

> PIN number, just after you've entered your PIN

> number. Or, best of all, 'please take your items'.

>

>

> Really? You think I should?

>

> OR DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD WASTE MY OWN TIME

> BY COMING INTO RETAIL HELL, PICKING OUT A RANDOM

> SELECTION OF ITEMS, LISTEN TO ALL YOUR BANAL

> FUCKWITTERY, PAY FOR IT ALL WITH MY OWN MONEY AND

> THEN LEAVE WITHOUT BOTHERING TO PICK UP THE STUFF

> I'VE JUST PAID FOR

>

> JUST SOD OFF YOU ARROGANT, SUPERCILIOUS VOICE-OVER

> @#$%&!

Couldn't agree more! I've given up with them if I've got more than a couple of things to buy (which in Sainsbury's I always do) as they also invariably need to "wait for assistance" for some inexplicable reason. Think it was about 6 times last time I used them to pay for a big shop. It's quicker and easier to wait for a till with a cashier, even when there's a queue - it's better for my blood pressure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...