Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

When you sell something on eBay and invoice the buyer. The buyer then emails you saying that the (completely reasonable and fair) shipping charges are too high (even though the charges were clearly listed for them to see in the auction listing) and that usually they only pay 50p (or so) to have an LP sent halfway across the world. And to top it all they're getting a f---ing bargain anyway at the price the thing's sold for!!!

Rail replacement buses. Nobody seems to ever know where they stop. And incompetent public transport advisors for that matter. I once ran back and forth from two different stops (as the underground member of staff had no idea where it stopped)trying to get to an interview hoping that one would have mercy and stop for me. But no. They simply shook their heads through the window as if to say 'screw you I stop for no one'

At Forest Hill station since it became an Overground Station there's a radiator/heat light/ infra red type thing just the other side of the barriers pointing to where the guy on the barriers stands. I've been through there at every time of day whether there's staff there or not, and it's always on. If there are staff standing under it they have their coats undone as it's so warm under it.

I'm not the greenest person but that's ridiculous. Fasten your (company supplied) coat and turn the damn thing off.

Community wardens who tap on your car window whilst you are sitting in very sloooow moving traffic with a sleeping baby in the back...to inform you that....."you need to look pay more attention to puddles on the road, you splashed me now i have water on my shoes"...before walking off, just as my blood had reached boling point and i was about the unleash a sorts of nasties from my mouth!!! FYI Community warden (of peckham rye) i was looking at the road ahead, as is the norm whilst driving. And the last time i checked...splashing puddles is not a traffic offence or a crime!!! I hope it is lashing with rain the next time i drive by!!!!

Microsoft Outlook for the Web, which puts every flippin' piece of text on a single thread, whoever from, on the same vertical, with no indentation or symbol to distinguish who wrote what....

I mean, how much do Microsoft spend on usability? Millions?

Why do I use it? Only if a client requires (and then the client complains that they can't tell what I wrote from what they wrote... or claims I wrote nothin').

Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

Noise from the flat above me. Occupants are a very sweet doddery elderly couple but, by the magic of shoddy building work, sound like a team of firemen. All day every day until after midnight.

In the circs it's simply not possible to say anything without sounding like a complete witch. I feel guilty just writing this.

• 4 weeks later...