Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

People who chew gum with their mouths open, especially if audibly...the clacking sound and waft of mint/juicy fruit on the bus of a morning.....the horror?..one day I'll crack, I've already developed a Chief Inspector Dreyfus style twitch in my left eye, surely it can't be long before I attempt to strangle some poor gum chewing moron on the number 12? Of course I?ll go quietly when the police arrest me, and as a first offence the Judge will probably take that in to account, it will most likely be a charge of GBH not attempted murder I?ll be up on. I?ll be making a pretty good case for myself, suitably regretful and ashamed ??I don?t know what came over me your Honour, it was completely out of character, I?m a very non violent person, I guess I?ve been under a lot of stress at work, not sleeping well?..? the Judge will smile benignly and the jurors will start to soften towards me?..then from the public gallery a distinctive sound will reach my ear, and what?s that I can smell..is it?spearmint??..my head will ratchet round 180 degrees and my stare will be met by the familiar chomping motion, flash of teeth and pink wet tongue?the spasm on my left eye will begin?the vein will pop out in my neck?the red mist will descend and before I black out the last thing I?ll remember will be the court police wrestling me to the ground as they prize my fingers away from another gum chewers throat?..

I also don?t like people who put their feet on the seats.

Brendan - the socks 'just vanish' OK.

somewhere between being worn, taken off, going through washing and drying process and back to the sock drawer they 'just vanish'.

feet on seats, why do people do that ? they would not sit there if it was vacant and someone removed their feet from it, so why ?

People that cough without covering their mouths, grumpy deliver drivers, cash for gold gimmicks, moody friends, sleazy bosses, people that sit on the outside of a double seat on the train, late buses, aggressive drunk people, aggressive people, friends that mistreat you, people that push in on trains/in queues/in lifts/on the road/at the supermarket, people that don't use a tissue, people with a short fuse.

*Aaaagh* it's out of my system now!

Nero Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> People who use Americanisms to sound cool, like

> 'gotten' rather than 'got', or 'cell' instead of

> 'mobile'. It is sub-Nathan Barley. Other than

> that, nothing annoys me. I am a floating ball of

> serenity.

i don't like the use of 'period' in the american sense, particular when it's spelt out - in english it's pronounced 'full stop' and it's written '.'

A heavily pregnant woman on the train from London Bridge to East Dulwich, rush hour eve last week saving a seat for her husband. Four people tired looking woman tried to sit in the said seat but pregnant woman insisted that the empty seat was taken and that she herself would give her seat up if they didnt leave the other for her husband. Never heard such cheek. When the hubby did find her (5 minutes later) he sat and moaned about the politics of his work for the whole journey. He looked super fit (in a fitness sense) also which added insult to injury...

Since when can you save seats on a busy commuter train by the way???

Steph Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A heavily pregnant woman on the train from London

> Bridge to East Dulwich, rush hour eve last week

> saving a seat for her husband. Four people tired

> looking woman tried to sit in the said seat but

> pregnant woman insisted that the empty seat was

> taken and that she herself would give her seat up

> if they didnt leave the other for her husband.

> Never heard such cheek. When the hubby did find

> her (5 minutes later) he sat and moaned about the

> politics of his work for the whole journey. He

> looked super fit (in a fitness sense) also which

> added insult to injury...

>

> Since when can you save seats on a busy commuter

> train by the way???

You should have just sat there! if she's that uptight, make her suffer.

No such thing as 'saving seats' on commute!! :P