Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

People who do that automatic "love you" thing at the end of every phone call.

It just totally devalues it for me. It reduces it to "OK I'm going now, bye."

Oh, and Fox, Whitten Timber in Peckham are brilliant. I ordered a load of fence slats on the phone early one morning and they had them loaded and delivered within the hour.

Recording TV shows on my Virgin Media box which cut off before the end of the show. Why?! I thought the days were long gone when you had to program your video recorder with the start and end times you wanted, in the hope that the previous show didn't overrun. After that there was then the sensible system with a unique code for each show so that it recorded it all automatically regardless of overruns. But now we seem to be back to the 'dark ages'. Grrr!

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Recording TV shows on my Virgin Media box which

> cut off before the end of the show. Why?! I

> thought the days were long gone when you had to

> program your video recorder with the start and end

> times you wanted, in the hope that the previous

> show didn't overrun. After that there was then the

> sensible system with a unique code for each show

> so that it recorded it all automatically

> regardless of overruns. But now we seem to be back

> to the 'dark ages'. Grrr!

Homes under the hammer again brandnewguy? It's frustrating investing all that time in watching the show only to miss how much the last house is worth .... 🤓

Businesses who don't proofread their flyers before sending them to print, and/or (sometimes) don't get somebody to read them whose first language is English.

Jaflong - I'm looking at you here. But it could be many many others .......

Bring your own Alchol

We can prepare all these dishes stated on the menu with marinated tikka spices to cooked in clay oven which si cost an additional ?1.20

This traditional dish is prepared form specially imported .......

Chicken/Quron (I presume they mean Quorn. Googling Quron brings up not some exotic Asian delicacy but a weird urban dictionary definition of "a cool laid back person" - which definition also contains a typo, GRRRRR)

Your selection cooked with cream and coconut to produce

Two layers of bred deep fried

Leftover container charger will apply ?2

Child under 5 is free (bargain, if you are looking for a child under 5)

If you enjoy your meal, please tell other

But I do love their description of Curry (Medium) - "For when you are feeling a little more adventurous" :))

And to be clear - I am not having a go at the fact that they have drafted a flyer containing mistakes, which is entirely understandable.

I'm irrationally enraged at the fact that they haven't had it properly proofread before sending it to print .....

ETA: Oh, and BNG, my Topfield does that as well sometimes. It's very very annoying, particularly when you get a load of a different programme and/or ads at the begininng and then miss the end of the programme you want to watch.

Sue

Proofreading a flyer before going to print is no guarantee that the printers will not cock it up.

Most people here do not have the time to do the job as you seem to of done. :)

Having said that.. you failed to observe Bhaji was spelt incorrectly several times as Bhajee.

If you are going to do a job.. ?

Foxy

To be fair, Foxy, bhaji/bhajee is a word with several acceptable variants.

And if you're getting a print job done, you'll see a proof in order to correct it. Then get a new proof. If that's correct, then any mistake is the printer's problem and you're within your rights to ask them to do the job again.

Yes, Sue does seem to like bemoaning Jaflong on here. Maybe she didnt get a window seat!

Howevef, Jaflong got a rave review in last weeks local press. And you may have been mentioned too, Foxy?!

http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/lifestyle/

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Sue

>

> Proofreading a flyer before going to print is no

> guarantee that the printers will not cock it up.

>

> Most people here do not have the time to do the

> job as you seem to of done. :)

>

> Having said that.. you failed to observe Bhaji

> was spelt incorrectly several times as Bhajee.

>

> If you are going to do a job.. ?

>

> Foxy

Similarly signwriters - I've lost count of

The number of badly written signs on vans, shops etc

Grok Wrote:

> Yes, Sue does seem to like bemoaning Jaflong on

> here. Maybe she didnt get a window seat!

>

> Howevef, Jaflong got a rave review in last weeks

> local press. And you may have been mentioned too,

> Foxy?!

>

> http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/lifestyle/

>

>

>

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Sue

> >

> > Proofreading a flyer before going to print is

> no

> > guarantee that the printers will not cock it

> up.

> >

> > Most people here do not have the time to do

> the

> > job as you seem to of done. :)

> >

> > Having said that.. you failed to observe

> Bhaji

> > was spelt incorrectly several times as Bhajee.

> >

> > If you are going to do a job.. ?

> >

> > Foxy

Grok Wrote:

> here.

I have said - once - that their decor and buffet are both bland and that the service was inattentive. I don't think that equates to a "liking for bemoaning Jaflong on here."

I have never commented on the food from their main menu as I haven't tried it, however a local paper is never going to give a local restaurant a bad review, is it, particularly a new one ....

I criticised their flyer purely because it was the latest to come through my door and I glanced through it. I thought I made it clear that it was just one of many similar flyers whose mistakes also cause me irrational rage.

Foxy, if printers made those kind of errors they would be quickly out of a job because nobody would use them!

And I tend to notice things like that - I didn't spend hours scouring the flyer for mistakes, it was a quick read through, so I probably did miss some.

But if it had been my flyer I would have proofread it with a fine tooth comb and then got at least one other person to do the same.

ETA: Oh, and by the way, Grok, Jaflong did put us in a window seat the day we went. Because there was nobody else in there, and I guess they wanted the place to look full from the outside.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Sue

>

> Proofreading a flyer before going to print is no

> guarantee that the printers will not cock it up.

>

> Most people here do not have the time to do the

> job as you seem to of done. :)

>

> Having said that.. you failed to observe Bhaji

> was spelt incorrectly several times as Bhajee.

>

> If you are going to do a job.. ?

>

> Foxy

Nice use of irony in your comment on the subject of spelling and grammar!

Grok Wrote:

> here. Maybe she didnt get a window seat!

>

> Howevef, Jaflong got a rave review in last weeks

> local press. And you may have been mentioned too,

> Foxy?!

>

> http://www.southwarknews.co.uk/lifestyle/

>

>

>

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Sue

> >

> > Proofreading a flyer before going to print is

> no

> > guarantee that the printers will not cock it

> up.

> >

> > Most people here do not have the time to do

> the

> > job as you seem to of done. :)

> >

> > Having said that.. you failed to observe

> Bhaji

> > was spelt incorrectly several times as Bhajee.

> >

> > If you are going to do a job.. ?

> >

> > Foxy

Where exactly is the actual review.. and fail to see where I may of been mentioned. ??

Foxy

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Click on the article and you'll see.

I did.. and clicked [review] button which went nowhere. none of the [Review] Buttons work. just stays on same page.

Foxy

ETA.. links now working.. It was not me that was mentioned but I have a good idea it was probably Michael P.

The fiasco that is the US elections, Russian nuclear threats, Russian Son of Satan, Russian non nuclear threats, Syria, global climate change, global wildlife decline, hunting whales, North Korea nuclear threat, wars and conflict, disease, etc etc. Yeh right rh!

rendelharris Wrote:

> Any comment made by Grok. Though it's not

> irrational to be annoyed by petty patronising

> spite.