Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

Just seen the news and the fact that the protesters who stormed city airport last week got an 18 month conditional discharge and ?95 costs despite stopping around 131 flights. A totally disproportional result considering the disruption they caused.

I really hope the airlines and the 9000 passengers that were affected that day will club together to sue them for loss of earnings and the disruption that they caused to people

(Rant over)

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just seen the news and the fact that the

> protesters who stormed city airport last week got

> an 18 month conditional discharge and ?95 costs

> despite stopping around 131 flights. A totally

> disproportional result considering the disruption

> they caused.

>

> I really hope the airlines and the 9000 passengers

> that were affected that day will club together to

> sue them for loss of earnings and the disruption

> that they caused to people

>

> (Rant over)

I saw the News too. Agree with what Artful has said.. A totally disproportional result..

DulwichFox

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Pubs and bars that don't put ashtrays for smokers

> on their outside tables.

Sorry can't resist

People who insist on smoking outside the entrance to bars and pubs thus polluting the lungs of those going in ...

Actually my bigger gripe is those who take their last big draw on a cigerrete just so they board a bus or train then let their smoke filled breath out inside said vehicle 🙄

rahrahrah Wrote:

> Yeah, what is that about.. holding the phone out

> in front of you and talking on speaker? Why do

> people do that?

No idea but the do it on reality shows like the apprentice to allow the cameras and audience to hear the conversation

Maybe the people who do it have a warped sense of importance and think people are interested in them...

Only time I wanted to hear more was when I sat next to an attractive American girl on a bus who was talking to her friend about appearing on a reality show about orgies ... Really wanted to hear the other side of that conversation

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> Jah Lush Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Pubs and bars that don't put ashtrays for

> smokers

> > on their outside tables.

>

> Sorry can't resist

>

> People who insist on smoking outside the entrance

> to bars and pubs thus polluting the lungs of those

> going in ...

>

> Actually my bigger gripe is those who take their

> last big draw on a cigerrete just so they board a

> bus or train then let their smoke filled breath

> out inside said vehicle 🙄

Sorry Dogs - can't resist either, by "those who insist on" you mean "those who have been forced by law to..." Agree about the people who carry their smoke onto the bus though.

Is it just me or do other people see the idiot parents parading there new babies in baby carriers strapped to their chests exposed to blinding hot sunshine with no hats or some sort of protection while they the idiot parents have hats and some of the biggest sunglasses on ever made quite happily strolling up and down LL haven't they heard of sun burn or heat stroke. If you have to come out cover them up.

rahrahrah Wrote:

> A quick google suggests that at least in some

> cases people use their phone at arms length / on

> speaker because of fears of radiation.

I don't like using my phone right next to my head, for that reason.

I always have it on the speaker when I'm at home.

Anecdotal evidence, but there was some television reporter recently who (apparently, I never saw it) always had two mobiles held one to each ear, and she died quite young of, I think, a brain tumour.

When mobiles were quite a new thing, I had to use mine all day once for a load of calls because my landline was out of order, and towards the evening when I was using it I got a piercing pain through the ear with the mobile on, and a pain in my head on that side which lasted for (if memory serves) several days.

My GP at the time said there was no way the mobile could have caused it, but I never normally get earache or headaches, I don't believe it wasn't connected, and I'm not risking it again .....

Cyclists (three seen this morning as I rode from Greenwich to the City, unsurprisingly all trustafarians on fixies) who carry a boom box in a backpack or on the handlebars, blasting out techno shite. Not sure what's more annoying, the general antisocialness of it, the damage it does to the reputation of cyclists or the vapid smug message obviously intended - "I'm like so into my music, yeah, not like you squares, that I like have to have it with me at all times."

Actually not sure this should be here, it seems perfectly rational to me to be sent into a rage by them...

Mopeds.

At 50cc's or less, they qualify as tiny enough for this thread. The irrational rage is stoked in my Inner Pedant, when the term moped is used to mean scooter. (Some scooters are mopeds, but most of the ones you see around are too large to qualify.)

Venting pendantry here so that I will be better able to resist Grammar Nazi goose-stepping across other threads (and other sites, including to its shame the BBC News website).

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Directors/owners who employ their 20 something

> kids and give them ?40k salaries which couldn't be

> justified for anyone else in their roles.

Nepotism. Always been the case wherever you go, more's the pity. I feel your pain doc.

red devil Wrote:

> There aren't many irrational rages on here, most

> are common gripes. I'm loving Sue's irrational

> fear of mobiles though?:)

so very true RD! think Strafersean said similar on page (OMG have you seen how many pages this has?) 100 of this thread. Most are indeed perfectly good examples of rational rage.

here's my recent ones which I hope qualify (for irrational status)

websites: default view is most popular or most liked - fuck off, I want to see them in price order thanks.

shampoo & conditioner/liquid soap & hand cream combos - we all know that the shampoo and soap bottles run out FIRST so why MAKE THEM THE SAME SIZE.

ffs