Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

Another bus etiquette rage-inducer: one empty seat left on the 176 from Waterloo yesterday evening. Politely ask young woman to move her bag. She does so grudgingly and I sit down. A number of stops further on, a ?double seat? becomes empty about four or five rows in front of where we?re sitting. Young woman next to me pointedly puts down her book and stares at it, as if suggesting that I should move there. Sod off ? I?ll decide that, not you. If you have such a loathing of other people using ?your? bus, get a bloody taxi next time.

Cakes (as well as Vapes)

Not so much as cakes themselves, but I heard a guy ask in Rocca yesterday "is this cake homemade?"

Really, in Rocca or near anywhere else, and it doesn't take much to figure out there's a cake-making-of-some-magnitude type supplier out there, knocking out frikkin cakes for restaurants

And they're very good at it

Shut up will you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People that race down the tube escalator stairs at 100mph, right up behind you while you are walking down, then stamp and sign loudly even though you're doing a decent 80mph yourself.

Especially when you're only like 6fr from the bottom of the escalator anyway.

Just FO and do one.

The person on crutches going down a flight of stairs in front of me the other day at Clapham junction station who decided to text on his phone at the same time,,. Madness and couldn't he have waited until he was securely at the bottom of the stairs and out of the way of the rush hour crowd... Grrrrrr

• 1 month later...

Coming home from a tiring shift on a helpline late last night, unlocking my bike in Brixton only to realise from the slimy feel of the D-lock that someone had vomited all over it.

This was shortly after a silly, attention-seeking girl had been pestering me all the way up from the platform to amuse her equally pointless mates.

Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Brixton.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Coming home from a tiring shift on a helpline late last night, unlocking my bike in Brixton only to

> realise from the slimy feel of the D-lock that someone had vomited all over it.

I'm really sure I wouldn't file that under "Tiny Little Things". I'd file that under 'Utterly Revolting Things".

• 2 months later...

Ordered flowers to be delivered to someone with very specific request NOT to include any flowers of a certain colour.

Recipient sends me pics of bouquet and florist has included a few in this colour. Raging.

Was thinking of posting some colour charts to them...but I'm over it now :))

uncontrolled, unchecked, uncovered, uninhibited, unsanitary, unhinged sneezing, on public transport, in close proximity, in a queue, at the next table, wherever.

"In my day" we were required to have a clean white handkerchief on leaving the house, then pack of tissues, and why do people use a tissue or hanky then shove it up their sleeve or in a pocket?

If people included in their morning ritual/routine, a stout blowing of the nose, I am convinced there would be less sneezing, less airborne germs, obviously, and less colds and coughs transmitted.

Who remembers the poster in their doctors waiting room, stating : "coughs and sneezes spread diseases - trap your germs in a handkerchief"

This should be on all public transport and railway/tube stations.

If spitting at someone is a common assault, why isn't sneezing?

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > 'Postcode lottery.'

>

> This one is ok! I've been playing it for about a

> month now. Sadly, not won owt. Yet.

>

> http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=547618

>

> (That has my ref code on it. Hope that's OK.)

For the avoidance of doubt, it's the expression which causes my rage, not the actual lottery.

• 2 weeks later...