Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

And their "free bag" is so pathetically tiny you can literally only get a sandwich and a banana in it. If you buy anything larger than this (like, ooh, 99% of everything else in the shop), you won't get it in and will thus be forced to ask for a larger one that you have to pay for.

I actually don't object at all to paying for carrier bags, what pisses me off is that they've got round the objections from customers who do by providing a free bag that no-one can actually use. Utterly pointless all round.

On an entirely different note, I can't quite believe this thread is still going! I posted it in a fit of annoyance and it seems to have taken on a life of its own. I suppose it just goes to show how many tiny little annoying as hell things there are in the world.

A new one: people from The North who keep bringing it up in conversation as though its in some way relevant. Usually in the context of trying to show how "real" they are.

"I'd never heard of polenta until I was thirty. Mind you, I am from the North..."

As though everyone South of the Watford Gap grew up eating polenta for breakfast every day! Honestly, I can't tell you the number of times people have made assumptions about my background purely because I'm from the South of the country. Hey, we have sink estates and unemployment and went to normal schools and ate normal food too, you know. Some of those rundown little towns along the South coast have some of the highest unemployment rates in the country. Actually, Devon and Cornwall have the highest unemployment rates in the country...

It's just as bad as someone from the South assuming that everyone in the North keeps coal in their bath and races pigeons (and has anyone actually really believed that since about 1936?) Grrr!

PinkyB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's just as bad as someone from the South

> assuming that everyone in the North keeps coal in

> their bath and races pigeons (and has anyone

> actually really believed that since about 1936?)

> Grrr!

Of course that is grossly ignorant Pinky.

But the whippets, flat caps and diet of tripe is right though, isn't it?

Not being able to say what I really want to in fear of reprisals really gets my goat rrrrraaaahhhhhh!

Being accosted by soap dodging tramps begging for money and then getting agressive with me when I apologise for not having any money on me....

There are others but I think I'll have to put up with them.

People who end off e-mails with,

?Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.?

That?s not how this works mate, in fact any assistance you receive will be based solely on your cooperation with me on the matter, you self-important prat.

It means, "I've really ballsed this up despite having weeks to get it sorted and now I'm right on deadline and the only straw I've got left is you, so please help, because I'm looking down the barrel of a P45 and defaulting on the mortgage. Help me please and I'll be your slave for life."

?Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.?

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> People who end off e-mails with,

>

> ?Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.?

That is truly nasty, is this a common occurrence for you ?

I admit I'm not a fan of receiving the soulless and generic 'Kind regards' of strangers, but that raises the obnoxious bar a long way.

Apologies for the constant edits, my spelling and grammar was never the best, but today it is atrocious.