Recommendation: music/singing lessons

Been meaning to get around to this for ages, but I would like to recommend local musician Dan Maitland (www.eazypeazymusic.com or [email protected]) who recently gave singing and musicianship lessons to my 9 year old daughters. They were auditioning for a London choir and had to prepare a (tricky) song from a list given to them, with another contrasting piece. They also had to be prepared to do various aural tests and general musicianship including sight singing. They were very nervous about the audition but Dan really put them at their ease and made the lessons a lot of fun. Dan was able to relate really well to them and understand how to motivate them, he massively boosted their confidence and gave them great advice on how to deal with tricky parts of the songs.

I would highly recommend Dan as a music teacher - I know that he also teaches a number of instruments and am sure that there are details on his website. When I come to secondary school applications and more flipping tests for music places I will definitely be calling on him again!

Cheers

HP

Archived