what's the best ........?? you've ever had?

charliecharlie

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lomo steak in a cute little eatery just off the

> pleasant main square in Mendoza, Argentina.

> Followed by a paseo round said square in the

> crisp, yet mild winter air there.

>

> Best beef in the world.

Agreed, best birthday was in and around Mendoza. Wine tasting into the Andes, amazing lunch with a couple of bottles, back to the hotel for a swim, then dinner at 1884 http://www.frommers.com/destinations/mendoza/D52737.html

Best jerk pork ever was in 1996 just outside Mandeville on the road from Mandeville to Negril in Jamaica. Little hilltop bar and jerk stand overlooking lush mountainside rainforest. The Jerk pork was so good, I nearly turned back the car 20 odd miles later to go back and get some more.

Went back last year and the jerk stand is a bigger more professional operation and the jerk pork was mediocre. I was sooo disappointed!

Best steak I ever had was from a tiny butcher north of Killaloe on the shannon, he had no individual cut joints in the window, but half a cow hanging in the shop. I guess that was why it was so good, the time and way it was hung.

I asked for some sirloin and he lifted his knife to what he considered about the right height and cut in to it, it was the most succulent piece of steak ever to land on my plate.

Best raffle I've ever gone in for...

Tickets were ?5.00 each, rather steep I thought, but as a friend was organising it, I bought 2.

I had no idea what the prizes were... thought at best there might be some champagne or something like that...

I did not think I would win anything anyway....

I won first prize - it was worth ?10,000.00... result, eh(tu)

http://www.displays2go.com/images/RBROLTKT.jpg

Guinness - the best I've had was in O'Donoghue's Baggot Street, Dublin. The best guinness and the best atmosphere to go with it, a pub where everyone is your friend.

You walk into O'Donongues on a rugby weekend and there is a man standing ON the bar, he catches your eye as you get inside door, "how many" he shouts, you shout back how many guinness you need, they top up the pre-prepared creamy pints and he hands them over the three of four deep crowd around the bar - now thats a bar that does not like to keep its customers waiting, wish I was there today.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Guinness - the best I've had was in O'Donoghue's

> Baggot Street, Dublin. The best guinness and the

> best atmosphere to go with it, a pub where

> everyone is your friend.

>

> You walk into O'Donongues on a rugby weekend and

> there is a man standing ON the bar, he catches

> your eye as you get inside door, "how many" he

> shouts, you shout back how many guinness you need,

> they top up the pre-prepared creamy pints and he

> hands them over the three of four deep crowd

> around the bar - now thats a bar that does not

> like to keep its customers waiting, wish I was

> there today.

O Donoghues features on RTE rugby 2009 montage:

O'Donoghues - best pub, best guinness, best team

best guinness I've every had was somehwere in the Inagh Valley in Connemara, I was hitch-hiking with my boyfriend and the guys who were driving said "do you fancy stopping for a pint?" it was 9.30 in the morning, the bar was full and I was the only woman in the pub... there wasa deathly hush when I walked in... but they got over the shock with in a few minutes and carried on chatting....

oh... (as Nessa would say from Gavin and Stacey)... love her...

I have just remembered another best

Crab and silken tofu hot pot overlooking West Lake in Hangzhou

A client took us to this amazing restuarant... the great thing was that they always included everybody, from the driver and the most junior staff to the director, so we all sat down together and had this amazing feast... the food just kept coming but thie highlight of the evening was this fantastic fresh crab dish... right off the scale of deliciousness

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p238103-Hangzhou-West_Lake.jpg