what's the best ........?? you've ever had?

charliecharlie

...bet

?10 @ 40/1 on Porto to win the champions league (whatever year that was) from the start of the tournament. I've had more lucrative bets but that's the longest odds bet I've won on. Picked them on the basis of their uefa cup win over Celtic the previous year.

Best comedy stand up I've seen is Jason Rouse (not for the easily offended mind).

Best bike ride, Autobahn between Frankfurt and Mannheim (155 mph on a Suzuki Bandit).

Best smoke, White widow in Amsterdam.

Best holiday, Canada (working holiday, surveying expedition in the Yukon territory).

Best shag, not telling!

My mum used to smoke hash and my dad still secretly suspects that she still smokes it. I came home from school once and the whole house reeked of the stuff and my mum was caned of her face attempting to read the paper so me and my brothers bombarded her with arkward questions, herboids hate that.

Cassius Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Best dive - diving through kelp forests off the

> Cornish coast (never had the chance to dive abroad

> alas and alack)

Go to Wassini, the first coral reef area to be protected by a marine conservation order in 1976. I went there in the late 90's and was completely blown away. The reefs were (then) pretty much unscathed and there is natural beauty beyond belief...

Alternatively, go to Dahab (gulf of Aqaba), I stayed at the Coral Coast Hotel, ?20 per night (last year's prices), right on the best reef area, lovley people and 10 mins walk into Bo-ho Dahab... oh... take me there...

http://www.wasini-island.com/ecotourism_in_kenya.htm

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297547-d529095-Reviews-Coral_Coast_Hotel-Dahab_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html

save up, it's well worth every penny!!(tu)

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_159/118296097783G3lD.jpg

Ah Dahab. A memory returns. I was driven there once from Cairo by a policeman "contact" of mine. It was a late night, red-eyed spur of the moment decision when he decided he wanted a swim in the ocean. As he piled confiscated alcohol into his car he told me we'd buy our drugs once we got there, because of all the road blocks we'd have to pass on the way.

But we'd have to be careful, he added, because the locals would assume he was f*cking me and would get a bedouin to plant opium on us as punishment. This would lead to a minimum 25 year stretch in a local prison if caught. Plus extra for the alleged sodomy.

I didn't take any opium or annoy any locals. Which I think was probably his aim. He did bring a gun with him though, just in case. "For bandits". The only time I saw him fire it was when Cameroon scored against England in the football. He asked me if I wanted to fire it when England scored. But I assured him I wasn't English.

And no, reader, I didn't f*ck him.

There was a 45 year old German divorcee in the next hut to mine with an Egyptian boy who looked no older than 14. They definitely were f*cking. My policeman took a large swig of Egyptian brandy, exhaled hashish smoke through his wet lips, and told me that us foreigners were ruining his country. It was not the beginning, as they say, of a beautiful friendship.

hhhhmmmm... it was not like that when I was there Ted Max. Except, now I come to think of it, over 100 armed Sinai Beduines stormed a German hotel on horseback for not paying 'local' taxes (no, I am not joking), as the penisular is ruled by the Sinai Beduines. The hotel got closed down and all the guests (who were treated with the utmost politeness and gentleness by the Beduines) were move to other accommodation

(the things that happen while you are traveling, eh!).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/482693451_6c9d45ad90.jpg

http://www.allsinai.info/sites/beduines.htm

Yours is fantastic story, sounds like you've got the beginnings of a good a novel...

xxcc

It's been good reading these!

But Margate seafront featured twice and that's just weird.

In fact I rode there yesterday, so beautiful.

Best chat up line: was unspoken. The guy sat opposite me, put the forefinger of his left hand on the table, and put the finger of his right hand roughly 10 inches away from it. He looked at me and grinned as if to say "impressed"?

And yes I did and yes it was.

Best motorcycle road - Haast to Wanaka south Island New Zealand.

Best prawn cocktail - one I made yesterday!

Most enjoyable celebrity moment - Being approached by Holly Willoughby for Streetmate in Southampton. She's lovely she is.

Most entertaining celebrity moment - Recognising (and subsequently meeting) Ken Hom at Waterloo Station. He was drawing cash out...and I was quite disappointed he didnt have his wok on him.

best steak...... Rump cooked on the BBQ yesterday

Best ride....... NYC ---- Sturgis for sturgis05 , riding 1340 fat boy HD

best drink..... 1st cold beer after 13 hours of riding.

best seafood , eating raw shellfish at freemantle fish market near perth

best sex..... gonna have it tonight ( dinner and flowers might work)