Late night scooter rider in Goodrich Road area...

SCSB79

I know it is very annoying and very loud but it always reminds me of hoidays in Greece. I know the weather isn't hot and i do have to wake up with an alarm clock but it does trigger a reminder of good times. That said it's not Greece and i'm not on holiday and the alarm will go off at 6.30.

" deregulates the scooters " .........oh please ! blah blah blah..........ooh no ID cards, to many CCTV, this government removes our human rights......blah, blah , blah blah.........ooh but keep scooters regulated or we will all be thrown into a state of sublime anarchy and the world will grind to a halt.

Let's get and ED hells angels chapter thats what i say, anyone for a patch ?

Just been called by Duncan at the East Dulwich Safer Neighborhood team and they pulled a kid last night that was zipping around on a scooter with no exhaust!! Served him a "Code 57" (or something like that - I forget the real term he used) and if he gets caught again he'll be in bother.

I wondered why I didn't hear him last night!! Hopefully that will put an end to it.

Hi,

This rider also frequents Oakhurst Grove every night at about 9pm and 9.30. There are a lot of small children in the area and it is annoying.

The rider is exceeding the speed limit for a built up area and also appears to have the baffle's removed as clearly the sound is illegal as well under the Road Traffic Act.

Here is what we did for someone who persisted in doing exactly the same in our last house:

Make a note of the time/times that the rider drives past over a couple of day's. When it is about that time on the third day turn of your lights in your house, press a flash camera to your window and as he drives past press the flash button. It is quite funny seeing the rider slow down, stop, and then look around wondering where the 'speed camera' is. He soon gets the message and avoids your road. If it happens in all streets, then he might get a pushbike or move.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT YOU MUST ONLY FLASH WHEN THE RIDER HAS GONE PAST AS A SERIOUS ACCIDENT MAY OCCUR

If that does not do it then report it to the Police.

Regards,

Libra Carr.

i watched 5 kids on scooters yesterday shoot along a road in west dulwich, all the bikes clearly with baffles removes and all sporting new pipes to give them more speed they were all 50cc but clearly nearer 90cc+ they shot across a round about and around a police car that was just waiting to go, one actually went up the inside of it. I thought obviously the police would nick the lot of them but they just moved on in another direction. I could not believe how quickly the bikes accelerated away. moments later another police car came down the road that they had just driven up passing them without a second thought, not a blue siren in sight. My point being that our police are shite !

They could have stopped them and that would have been 5 bikes of the road and all your noise problems solved !

actually i do significantly blame rap music, and until someone has the balls to start a proper fucking debate about it i.e "this music has f all to do with black culture" and more to do with feelings of inadequacy and exclusion we ain't going to get anywhere.

"any slug we cock back, north london man cock back, south london man cock back, west london man cock....mind your head don't get popped back"

.....Barry road man got.......

AllforNun Wrote:

>

> "any slug we cock back, north london man cock

> back, south london man cock back, west london man

> cock....mind your head don't get popped back"

I know I shouldn't be influenced by Videos and Songs like this, considering I've hit the wrong side of 50 but lines like:

"I spray your joints to make

To make my point!"....

have tranformed my wussy mellow mood on this beautiful Spring Morning and now I just wanna give some bwoi a lick-shot bigtime!

YOUGETMEBRUV !!

i know, it is easy to take the piss, but the whole language thing is problematic as well. It fine as long as these kids understand the fundamentals of language and the fact that talking this way is really a big fantasy world. It does not really exist as you grow up and mature into an adult in a working situation. Parents and teachers need to confront these kids and even their parents about this issue and not be worried. Have an intelligent conversation challenge them and give them some credit because they can grasp it. Then you can choose how you want to..........roll

snorky Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Its what Kidz do - and have done since they could

> get their hands on motorised bicycles - bantam

> riders did it, Fizzy riders did it, scooter riders

> ditto nowadays - its normal innit

Oh well, in that case, if it's been done for years, forget it... I'll not bother trying to get rid of this nuisance and just let him get on with bothering half of the residents of Goodrich/Friern/Hillcourt/Dunstans...